PDA

View Full Version : NOT!! a Josh Arieh bashing thread

pancakes
02-15-2005, 12:59 PM
are you all through bashing him yet, I mean seriously none of you have or will probably ever have the amount of success he has had. The guy made a mistake almost a year ago and has openly apologized for it and admitted that he was wrong wich I totally respect him for, that is much tougher than hanging out in forums and bashing people you don't even know. And what is the difference between Josh Arieh and somebody like Daniel Negreanu who has also made some controversy in the past but apologized for it and changed his ways.

tdarko
02-15-2005, 01:40 PM
get his dick out of your mouth /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Vi_o
02-15-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko, enthusiast, 338 posts, none in which tell the Raymer drones to get their dick out of his mouth.

You're a stupid drone, take a hike [censored].

asofel
02-15-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko, enthusiast, 338 posts, none in which tell the Raymer drones to get their dick out of his mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

think you got it backwards...

/funny nonetheless

Scooterdoo
02-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Played in one of the NL events last week at the LA Poker Classic and during the dinner break I met, and had dinner with, Harry Demetriou. We spoke at length about the hand involving Harry and Josh where Josh ridiculed Harry for playing his AJ the way he did. Harry really feels bad about the treatment Josh has received and told me that he has defended Josh on many ocassions. Given that both Harry and Greg have bothed stated publicly that they were not offended by Josh's heat-of-the-moment comments -- and they were the ones the comments were directed at -- who are others to judge him?

tdarko
02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
you getting pissed is actually funny, i don't bash anyone on these threads yes even in the arieh posts. i said what i said b/c it was a useless start of a thread so it deserved a useless reply. thank you have a nice day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Autocratic
02-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Josh clearly came off as an [censored] in the footage. The fact that Greg and Harry have said he's not that bad can't really change my opinion, because all I know about him is what I've seen. I won't say that he's definitely an [censored], but I will say that that is all I know about him. It would seem that he would have to apologize after seeing the tapes, either way, but from what I know, he was a dick during the WSOP. That's all.

Tevyee
02-15-2005, 05:29 PM
ESPN made it seem like Josh Arieh was a bad guy and frankly he is not. As stated, both Harry Demetriou and Greg Raymer accepted his apology and harbor nothing but good feelings towards Arieh. I personally liked Josh, he had a war-like mentality throughout the entire WSOP main event and you need something like that to succeed in huge tournaments with enormous payouts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

West
02-15-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given that both Harry and Greg have bothed stated publicly that they were not offended by Josh's heat-of-the-moment comments -- and they were the ones the comments were directed at -- who are others to judge him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a link, but you can probably find a thread on two plus two if you search, but I am fairly certain that Harry has essentially said that at the time, he wanted to punch Josh. So I don't think it's accurate to say he wasn't offended at the time. But this has been talked about to death already.

Scooterdoo
02-15-2005, 06:06 PM
We talked for about an hour and he was very clear that he's fine with it and that he not only told Josh that he's okay with it, but that he has defended Josh on a number of occasions with other pros. So whether or not he felt a certain way at the time he has gotten over it so everyone else should too.

He's a nice guy BTW. Not sure how he did in the tournament. It was only about 4 hours into it and he was a bit above average in chips. I got knocked out around 1am with about 50 left (started with close to 400) and didn't see him -- that's not to say he wasn't still there. I wasn't really looking <g>.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
It's easy to bash him for his silly attempt at a challenge on 2+2.

His recent post almost makes the first apology meaningless.

Just because he has had success doesn't give him a pass.
Why should it?

If he does something silly in public, he deserves to get called out for it.

Greg (FossilMan)
02-15-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Josh ... had a war-like mentality throughout the entire WSOP main event and you need something like that to succeed in huge tournaments with enormous payouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this statement. I didn't have a war-like mentality, nor I doubt did Chris Ferguson, or Dan Harrington, or many other WSOP champions. Sure, we had a competitive attitude, and did what we could to win, but many champions never lost control nor went over the top with their attitude.

I'm not criticizing Josh. It is a very high-stress situation, and he said some things he probably wouldn't have said in a calmer moment. But I can't agree that you have to have a war-like or combative attitude to do well in a big event. My attitude is to try and make the best possible decision every time it is my turn to act. That is all. Occasionally the best decision involves some sort of move intended to send a message to an opponent, but that is as far as it goes, in my book.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)