PDA

View Full Version : Want A Debit Card...ePass or Neteller?

TeeJayORTj
02-15-2005, 12:04 PM
I am looking to get a debit card tied directly to my poker bankroll. I currently do not have an ePass account but was wondering if that would be a better option then neteller. I am mostly interested in ATM transactions and not worried about the ePass card not working at all websites and such.

Basically which works better in terms of Fees and am I correcly assuming there is not a 1K limit on your ePass card like there is on neteller?

TeeJayORTj
02-16-2005, 01:49 PM
So anyone have any suggestions?

TobDog
02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
I have a neteller card and have never pressed it into use, I lookes at the fees EPass is a lot higher, first there is a yearly fee to have a card, then a per transaction. Neteller, you pay like $2 to load the $ onto the card and $1.50 per W/d plus whatever the bank charges you for the w/d(look for a smaller bank or credit union many of their atm's are fee free so the bank doesnt charge you like $4 to take $ out.

passion
02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
The epassporte has an annual fee of $35 whereas the neteller card is free. I would guess that there are load charges associated with each of the cards (Neteller's is $2). There is also a limit of how much can be deposited into a Neteller card over a 24 hour period (its $998 net the $2 processing fee). This may or may not be an issue. This limit has been an issue for me when I needed to purchase large ticket items.

I think the advantage of the epassporte card is that it is it functions as a Visa card. This means that you can use it anywhere, whereas you can only use the Neteller card where debit cards are accepted. When I was in your shoes I chose the Neteller card because paying a $35 annual fee offended me.

Passion

octop
02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Is netellers fee for using it a straight 2 dollars or is it 2 dollars plus an atm fee on their end?

Benal
02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
+ATM fees

Rex Bluett
02-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Dont they get you on the exchange rate as well US to Canadian and back when you withdraw at an ATM ?

passion
02-16-2005, 07:17 PM
There is an ATM fee. Today I moved over 1000 from Neteller to my Neteller debit card. The $2 fee was taken off the top leaving me with a tansfer of $998. Prior to the transfer I had a debit card balence of $9, so after the transfer I had $1007. I then went my banks (no fee) ATM and did two withdrawls of $500. For each withdrawl I was charged a 1.50 fee. Thus, I was able to pull out $1000 in cash for total fees of $5 ($2+$1.5+$1.5) or 2%. I don't think there are any exchange rates issues.

Passion

morgant
02-16-2005, 07:46 PM
i have both, and use epassporte, and never use neteller. the fees are similar, there is no fee to get money on the epass card, as you card is simply linked to your epass account. i have a 3k daily limit for the visa card, and a 1500 daily atm limit. i like it, although their service is horrid and trying to get my limits increased has been a challenge. but i use it for everything nowadays, occasionally a store wont accept it, but more often than not it works great.

octop
02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
what are the epass limits and fees?

Leavenfish
02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
If you just went to an ATM that accepted Nettellers debit card and withdrew say $500, would there be any reporting of this to the IRS? Just curious of course...

---Leavenfish

passion
02-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I don't think so. The thing about the Neteller cards is that there is no name on them (just a card number). Even with the receipt there is no way to track the withdrawl to you without some other info (like information matching card #s to actual people). That said I am not naive enough to think that the IRS would not be able to get their hands on Neteller records if they really wanted to.

Passion

Benal
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
It's exchanged only once.. From Neteller to your debit card. The balance on the debit card is in CDN currency.

TobDog
02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
I dont want to bring up old news here but I hae some other info too. Neteller is name free on the card, but issued by a bank in I think Ohio(US definately) The Epass is based somewhere in the 310(LA County) so it is not outside the country either. Now I am assuming averyone here is looking to keep the $ free from their parents or spouses, don't want to restart the "paying taxes" "troll" stuff.

passion
02-16-2005, 08:34 PM
The balence on my debit card is always in USD. I suspect there is something wrong with your account if your balence is in CD.

Passion

AA suited
02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is an ATM fee. Today I moved over 1000 from Neteller to my Neteller debit card. The $2 fee was taken off the top leaving me with a tansfer of $998. Prior to the transfer I had a debit card balence of $9, so after the transfer I had $1007. I then went my banks (no fee) ATM and did two withdrawls of $500. For each withdrawl I was charged a 1.50 fee. Thus, I was able to pull out $1000 in cash for total fees of $5 ($2+$1.5+$1.5) or 2%. I don't think there are any exchange rates issues.

Passion

[/ QUOTE ]

$5 of $1000 = .5%??? how did uy get 2%?

BigBluffer
02-20-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have both, and use epassporte, and never use neteller. the fees are similar, there is no fee to get money on the epass card, as you card is simply linked to your epass account. i have a 3k daily limit for the visa card, and a 1500 daily atm limit. i like it, although their service is horrid and trying to get my limits increased has been a challenge. but i use it for everything nowadays, occasionally a store wont accept it, but more often than not it works great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just applied for Neteller's ATM card. Who sets the daily withdrawal limit, Neteller or the bank you're withdrawing the money at? If Neteller, is $1500 standard?

sthief09
02-20-2005, 08:14 AM
$1000 every 24 hours