HAND 1
Crypto NL100 big blind $1 - 10-handed
I'm at UTG+1 with KhKd.

I ($77.50) raise to $3.
SB ($141.99) calls, others fold.

Flop KcTh5h ($7).
SB checks. I bet $3. SB calls.

Turn (KcTh5h)3h. ($13)
SB bets $10. I call.(why raise here, he folds a mediocre hand and I gain nothing extra, or I'm in trouble if he made a flush)

River (KcTh5h3h)Qc
SB bets $32. I fold.

My read at this point was SB was loose passive (almost 50% vpip, not much aggression).. So his pattern looked so much like a flush for the typical loose (any 2 suited) passive (big pot sized bets, not typical for passive players) player.

Later on I noticed he was raising too much and too often preflop and very often betting pot size on the flop. Bluffing in wrong places, so I got my money back plus some more. I MIGHT have played this differently given that info.

HAND 2
Crypto NL100 big blind $1 - 10-handed

I'm at MP1 with 2h2s.
UTG+2 checks (poster, $19). I call ($139). MP2 ($66.25), Button ($60.58) and SB ($52.50) call and BB checks ($36.50).

Flop 2c3d4d ($6).
SB checks, BB bets $2, MP calls, I call, Button raises to $30. Everyone folds.

I almost always raise here with bottom set but this time for some reason I just called maybe I was hoping for a monster full house and a big pot vs taking $10 immediately. Didn't expect a monster raise, though.. Felt like I didn't have enought time to make the decision (between folding or putting him all in), but finally decided to fold against a typical loose passive player whose impatient bet looks like a made straight to me and there's not enough money in the pot to draw the boat.. Only hand I have beat is 2 pair.

tbach24
02-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Hand 1:
Preflop: I would've made it 4 to go but 3 is fine. Try to build a pot early on with such a monster.
Flop: 3 is bad, you want to do at least 5 here.
Turn: A call is fine here, you have lots of full house outs and flush outs. I might raise though, depends on what type of player this is.
River: Yeah, this seems right.
Moral: Don't bet so small on the flop.

Hand 2:
Flop: Slowplaying bottom set on this board is awful. Any 4, 5, A, or diamond and you will be upset. And the fact that you fear a re-raise.
Moral: You gotta raise this piece.

etgryphon
02-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Hand #1:

OK...You can fold here based on your read. If you do this too much though it could be a leak. I don't see a problem with calling here.

Hand #2:

Big mistake...This hand is a definate reraise allin. You are giving up a hugh pot and +EV. If you reraise allin you are giving yourself two chances to win. The only hands you can be afraid of here is 33, 44, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the A5 hand is only a slight -EV move. You have a positive expected value for a made str8 as long as it is not a flush draw. Check the math:

Preflop: 1+1+1+1+1+1 = 6
Flop: PF(6)+2+2+2+30 = 42 (Button has ~34 left)

If you go Allin here and he has A5o for the made straight:
Pot = 138 (42 + (Your 62) + (His 34))
(35.4%(138) + 64.6%(-62)) = +8.852

Now, I think you are going to see 2 pair and flush draw here which mean you will make more money. So unless you can put him on specifically 33, 44, or A5 of /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs you move in here.

-Gryph

etgryphon
02-15-2005, 01:22 PM
I like you Hand #1 line tbach, but I don't think I would have folded on the end. I might have pushed the turn after building the pot.

-Gryph

kylma
02-15-2005, 01:24 PM
What difference does it make if his A5 is suited or not I need a full house anyway so I dont care if he has a straight or a flush?

56 is also possible..

etgryphon
02-15-2005, 01:34 PM
56 is the same as A5 I just didn't included it. The thing is you only have to worry about a MADE str8 and a Flush draw in the same hand to make it incorrect to call. So the revised list of hands that scare you are:
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

And that is it. If he turns over A5o or 56o, you would be smart to go allin EVEN though you are a dog in the hand. You will make money in the long run. You must capitalize on his mistake of overbetting the pot.

Thats all im saying...

-Gryph

kylma
02-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Also, I think I'm missing your math here because since there is $42 in the middle now and he has $30.58 left I have a 34% chance of winning $72.58 versus 64% chance of losing $28+$30.58 that I need to put in the middle if I reraise him all in. That is about +$25 vs -$37.. Assuming he had A5 offsuit

etgryphon
02-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry your right...my bad...momentary mental lapse...

You folded well on both hands if you put him on the made straight but you have to be 75% sure that he has the MADE straight. If he has a 2 pair, top pair, straight or flush draw more than 1 in four times a call/move-in would be correct.

-Gryph

PS. I got to stop trying to do math in my head while at work...