PDA

View Full Version : ATs hand flops top 2 pair

joewatch
02-15-2005, 10:41 AM
What's your play? Villain is loose-aggr, tricky.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($9.5)
UTG ($29.75)
UTG+1 ($25)
MP1 ($42.55)
MP2 ($24.7)
MP3 ($68.05)
CO ($23.75)
Button ($12.05)
Hero ($32.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.85</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $11.4</font>, Hero ???

lebowski58
02-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Well there was no raise preflop from the button, which suggests to me the villain does not hold a pocket pair, so I would not be that worried about trips. My guess is he either holds 10-7, A-10 or a Ax of spades. If he's loose I would think he'd raise on the button with A10.

I would guess that right now you're ahead.

I'd call. I'm not sure if this is "correct" but that's my play. Flame away.

Later,
Chris

willie
02-15-2005, 11:04 AM
well just because there wasn't a raise doesn't mean he's incapable of 77 here for the flopped set.

i personally NEVER raise pocket pairs under tens, and i will sometimes limp tens even- it's super deceptive i guess since you'd never put me on a set here.

it's basically read dependent, he could be fastplaying a set really hard, but i think it's more likely you have him crushed......if you're wrong- whoopsie and rebuy

i think you're either way ahead or way behind so you might want to fold since the pot isn't too large and you're certainly in a gambling situation.

close decision though.

joewatch
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately I had no hands in my pokertracker history to show how villain played pocket pairs.

parttimepro
02-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Pretty easy push if you're against a LAG. The only thing you're likely to be behind is 77. You're way ahead of a A7, 7T, 2 spades. I guess you're slightly behind 7sXs or 8s9s, but you have odds to call vs. these. I'd put him on A7, but at this level it's hard to make a precise prediction.

joewatch
02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Do you really think this is an easy call? Do you think you lose much pot equity by folding?

TheWorstPlayer
02-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Yes. Short-stacked idiots are just that - idiots. Easy call.

kongo_totte
02-15-2005, 05:25 PM
I disagree with everyone. Don't call, put him all in for his last 15 cents or what it is. And I can't believe anyone would consider laying this down. There are way more hands (he would do this with) you beat than beat you, and you never have to be more than 50% favourite of a hand. The short stacks and the fact that villian is "tricky" makes the decision even easier.

Hope you called, and it worked out.

parttimepro
02-15-2005, 05:42 PM
I will use my magical mind-reading skills to tell you what the opponent had. You lost the hand... You're wondering how you could have gotten away from it... Opponent is described as tricky...

You lost to AA.

And opponent was stupid for limping aces, because the times you hit trip tens and flushes will more than make up for the times you hit 2 pair vs. his set.

But don't be results oriented. Random opponents will make similar plays with AK, A7, T7, and 2 spades, and you should call every time.

mythrilfox
02-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Villain cashed in for 25BB, I have trouble with the nomer "tricky" as it's hard to get "tricky" with 25BB. He's probably just "bad", and everyone who says fold is giving him way way way too much credit here.

He could have any number of holdings, including pair + flush draw, Ace w/ decent kicker, a lower two pair, OESFD, or just simply a straight or flush draw. This is an easy call (well, might as well go ahead and put him all-in).

DrPublo
02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i personally NEVER raise pocket pairs under tens

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna hijack the thread here for a minute and say that this is an AWFUL policy and a perfect example of extremely one-dimensional thinking. Folded to you on the button with 77 or 88. Are you really limping? You shouldn't be.

The Doc

TheWorstPlayer
02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh please. You can certainly limp to re-raise the LAG in the BB. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

boondockst
02-15-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna hijack the thread here for a minute and say that this is an AWFUL policy and a perfect example of extremely one-dimensional thinking. Folded to you on the button with 77 or 88. Are you really limping? You shouldn't be.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't try to steal $1.50 with 77 on the button (on party) when if the flop is 2 7 9 a moron BB will think his 39o is good and give me his stack..I feel the set value still applies...

DrPublo
02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
So you open limp from the button? I think that is a HUGE mistake.

What hands do you raise on the button then when folded to you? Only the same hands you raise with everywhere else (UTG, etc)? The great part about being the button is tnat two people have put money into the pot already without knowing ANYTHING about their cards...when it's folded to you on the button this money is essentially there for the taking. Every time you steal the blinds you pay your blinds for an orbit, which is really buying you time between playable hands.

The main thing about understanding POSITION is that it means more hands become playable the less players there are to act behind you. I don't raise 77 in that spot exclusively to steal the blinds; in part I do it to mix it up from the times I'm raising AA, KT or whatever. If I only raised with 5 hands ever, opponents would be foolish to ever play against me. I don't want my opponents to be able to put me on a hand, or even a narrow range of hands, preflop. Keeping them guessing is part of a winning strategy.

The Doc

ryanghall
02-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I think you've got to go all in here. Anything else is probably seeing monsters.

bweiser8311962
02-15-2005, 09:25 PM
All-in. I'm betting the ace scared him and he hoped you didn't have one.

joewatch
02-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Seems like everyone thinks this is a call here and you were right. I guess I'm playing too tight right now.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($9.5)
UTG ($29.75)
UTG+1 ($25)
MP1 ($42.55)
MP2 ($24.7)
MP3 ($68.05)
CO ($23.75)
Button ($12.05)
Hero ($32.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.85</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $11.4</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $17.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Button shows 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif a pair of aces. </font>

Wayfare
02-15-2005, 11:04 PM
For the amount of money left, this is an easy all-in. I would say you are beat 20% or less at these levels.

willie
02-16-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

ah yes, it is certainly situational, i don't even know when i wrote what i did.

folded to me in lp i'll definitely open with them.

my speaking was of ep/mp