PDA

View Full Version : Big East Parlay of the Year!

andrewbross
02-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Take Providence + 3 1/2 over the leaderless and alcoholic led Huskies and put them with the Hurricanes of Miami +8 1/2 over Wake Forest and be happy. Connecticut which has no point guard play and a drunk coach has no chance of winning tonight's fray at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. To show you how out of WHACK this line is and how clueless the peole who make these lines are, you need only to look back a scant three weeks ago when Boston College undefeated at the time came into Providence and was listed as a pick over Providence. Are these same linemakers saying that Connecticut with no backcourt and an out of control coach are 3 1/2 points better than Boston College. You can be the judge of that but I am giving this play out both as a 1000 unit, my highest rating, straight play and the abovementioned parlay. Now the Hurricanes are getting 8 1/2 at home against Wake Forest, I would not be surprised if they win this game outright, they have a new facility which is sold out for tonight's fray and the crazies on campus are going to make this Wake team think they are playing Duke at Cameron. Get on these plays individually and parlay, saute and filet them.

andrewbross
02-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Before anyone jumps down my throat; I know Miami is in the ACC, so I will rename this East Coast Parlay of the Year. Thank you, Andrew.

Perseus
02-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Say what you will, but UCONN is very up and down. Look at their record and the teams they have beaten and lost to...I wouldn't touch any game they play

Easy E
02-15-2005, 10:55 AM
<font color="blue">To show you how out of WHACK this line is and<font color="red"> how clueless the peole who make these lines are</font></font>

Oh, the irony...

[ QUOTE ]
I am giving this play out both as a 1000 unit, my highest rating, straight play and the abovementioned parlay

[/ QUOTE ]

oh the horror.....

What's the over/under on the "new highest play" of 5000 units? Or will the Best Parlay Since The Dawn Of Time be first?

[i](how, exactly, do you look at yourself in the mirror and keep a straight face?)

tech
02-15-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am giving this play out both as a 1000 unit, my highest rating,

[/ QUOTE ]

So the 1000 unit play is rated higher than the play of the Intergalactic Solar System? Wow. No respect for the solar system. Could you post your entire rating system for us to see, just so that there is no confusion? I just want to be sure that my mathematically-based, theoretically sound approach matches with yours.

scott8
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Hard to argue such hardcore analysis.
Any team with a "drunk coach" must, by definiton, have no chance to cover.

tech
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take Providence + 3 1/2 over the leaderless and alcoholic led Huskies and put them with the Hurricanes of Miami +8 1/2 over Wake Forest and be happy. Connecticut which has no point guard play and a drunk coach has no chance of winning tonight's fray at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. To show you how out of WHACK this line is and how clueless the peole who make these lines are, you need only to look back a scant three weeks ago when Boston College undefeated at the time came into Providence and was listed as a pick over Providence. Are these same linemakers saying that Connecticut with no backcourt and an out of control coach are 3 1/2 points better than Boston College. You can be the judge of that but I am giving this play out both as a 1000 unit, my highest rating, straight play and the abovementioned parlay. Now the Hurricanes are getting 8 1/2 at home against Wake Forest, I would not be surprised if they win this game outright, they have a new facility which is sold out for tonight's fray and the crazies on campus are going to make this Wake team think they are playing Duke at Cameron. Get on these plays individually and parlay, saute and filet them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The odd thing is that these plays really aren't that bad, although I wouldn't parlay them. And the explanation was funny. When you bust out of sports betting, you might check into comedy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sublime
02-15-2005, 02:17 PM
tech-

save your energy.

tech
02-15-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
save your energy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I know, but this is funny stuff, and I need some more material to work with. Reminds me of your boy Goats and the parlay guys.

sublime
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Reminds me of your boy Goats and the parlay guys.

i usually just chime in and call those guys morons, but i am known for that on SSB. i think i am trying to make friends on 2+2.

Iplayragstoo
02-15-2005, 09:01 PM
There down by 4 at half time after controlling the first half very well. Unless Uconn gets tired, which I suspect they will, your "Big East Parlay of the Year!" is going in the crapper. I actually bet Prov, and was then sickened when I saw that you had this posted. I guess I should check your posts before I play, so as too avoid playing on the same side as you. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MicroBob
02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Evidently the previous 'parlay to end all parlays' really didn't end all parlays.

ttleistdci
02-15-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I should check your posts before I play, so as too avoid playing on the same side as you. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

most of us do the same.

CCx
02-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Usually in a parlay, you have to win both games.

JupiterUWG
02-15-2005, 10:42 PM
hahaha, well said....CCx is my idol

scott8
02-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Still a brutal finish.
Chances at the end of both regulation and the first overtime to cover.

BeantownCaller
02-15-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still a brutal finish.
Chances at the end of both regulation and the first overtime to cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that was rough, too bad they hit that shot at the end of regulation /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I actually bet Providence (didn't parlay it), but to quasi-hedge I threw U-conn into a 5 team parlay for a whopping 3 bucks. Now if the bulls win my 3 becomes $75 which will more than offset the $20 I put on providence /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BeantownCaller
02-16-2005, 12:10 AM
You guys all missed the parlay of the year. I'll post it now 2 minutes after the last score came in /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bulls +1
Magic -3.5
Hawks +5
uconn -2.5
miami +7

I think between 5 teams the total was 15 pts over the spread, so an average of 3 pts per game...close one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Payout 24:1. My total wager...whopping $3.00 /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andrew you should go back in time, I think you'd do a little better if you knew the results beforehand...

ttleistdci
02-16-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys all missed the parlay of the year. I'll post it now 2 minutes after the last score came in /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bulls +1
Magic -3.5
Hawks +5
uconn -2.5
miami +7

I think between 5 teams the total was 15 pts over the spread, so an average of 3 pts per game...close one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andrew you should go back in time, I think you'd do a little better if you knew the results beforehand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice play. Congrats on the win.

02-16-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Bulls +1
Magic -3.5
Hawks +5
uconn -2.5
miami +7

[/ QUOTE ]

Fool. You should have bet $300. What's wrong with you? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

kyro
02-16-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bulls +1
Magic -3.5
Hawks +5
uconn -2.5
miami +7

[/ QUOTE ]

Fool. You should have bet $300. What's wrong with you? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

$300? Hell, he should have sold the farm, taken out a fourth mortgage and done all the other things smart bettors do.

BeantownCaller
02-16-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bulls +1
Magic -3.5
Hawks +5
uconn -2.5
miami +7

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$300? Hell, he should have sold the farm, taken out a fourth mortgage and done all the other things smart bettors do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was originally a 500 unit play but I wagered all of my other pinnacle money so I just played with the change. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LLXC
02-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Okay I'm jealous. I've missed a 5 team and 6 team parlay the last two days by 1 team /images/graemlins/mad.gif

BeantownCaller
02-16-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay I'm jealous. I've missed a 5 team and 6 team parlay the last two days by 1 team /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there...missed another 5 team parlay with golden state missing by 1 point, I went to bed thinking I'd have more money when I woke up but that wasn't the case. Also missed a realistic 3 game teaser with Kentucky teased to -3 IIRC...wow that was a close one. nice job guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif