PDA

View Full Version : NL hand - how much to bet on river - 888 22

fireitup123
02-15-2005, 06:49 AM
5/10 NL
1k for me
1.3k for villain
I open in MP with 8d 8h for 40.00. I am called by the CO, and the other players fold.
The CO is a solid, aggressive player.

Flop is Th 7d 8c. I lead for 80.00, and am called. Turn is 2c. I bet 220, and am called. The river is pretty - 2s. I bet the rest of my chips (about 650). I considered after the hand if it was a good bet or not.

Suggestions for size of river bet?

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Post this in the forum above this one. Mid-High stakes.

fireitup123
02-15-2005, 06:57 AM
"Post this in the forum above this one. Mid-High stakes."

Hi Caruso,
I posted it there, but no one replied (has been over a day). Thus I tried it here.

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Flop (Pot $80)
Good bet on the flop.

Turn (Post $240)
Good bet on the turn.

River (Pot $680)
A push is a must here. You could consider making a bet of say $150-$200 to feign weakness and push if you're raised. I'm not sure how the play is at these levels so I can't really give you a sure answer. I lean towards a push though.

TheWorstPlayer
02-15-2005, 07:32 AM
It's fine. Doesn't seem like there is that much he is going to call 220 with on the turn and fold on the river. Anything less than all-in would look more suspicious and be less likely to be called, in my opinion.

On a side note, if you make clear, well thought-out comments on the mid-/high- forum and you post your hands clearly, including stack sizes, reads, etc. after using the converter to make them easier to read, and post interesting hands, people will respond to your posts. There are a lot of posts and people won't respond to all of them, so don't get discouraged. You're just not going to get great responses on 5/10 hands here because most people here don't play those stakes and don't know that competition. Good luck.

fireitup123
02-15-2005, 07:42 AM
"On a side note, if you make clear, well thought-out comments on the mid-/high- forum and you post your hands clearly, including stack sizes, reads, etc. after using the converter to make them easier to read, and post interesting hands, people will respond to your posts. There are a lot of posts and people won't respond to all of them, so don't get discouraged. You're just not going to get great responses on 5/10 hands here because most people here don't play those stakes and don't know that competition. Good luck."
Fair enough. Thanks for the input on the hand.