PDA

View Full Version : Tear me a new one... please?

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 05:28 AM
No reads, too tired to pay attention. I need to stop playing while tired.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($17.25)
UTG ($12.05)
UTG+1 ($23.15)
MP1 ($23.10)
MP2 ($31.65)
MP3 ($30.40)
Hero ($33.10)
Button ($5.65)
SB ($27.45)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, Ruso329 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

(I personally don't like raising here, anyone?)

Flop: ($1.25) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Ruso329 bets $1</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $1.

(Unsure if I should've bet more)

Turn: ($3.25) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Ruso329 bets $2</font>, MP3 calls $2.

(I underbet when I should've bet pot)

River: ($7.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Ruso329 bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $6</font>, Ruso329 calls $3.

(Calling this min. C/R was stupid, he screamed I backdoored a flush)

Final Pot: $16.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP3 has 8c Kc (flush, king high).
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: MP3 wins $16.25. </font>

krazyace5
02-15-2005, 05:30 AM
At least it was a cheap mistake. I could show you trainwrecks that make this look like a speed bump, which is all it is.

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 05:33 AM
This is a train wreck considering I'm on a $50 bankroll right now (don't worry, part of the NL OIC). Down to $41 at the moment. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

krazyace5
02-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Oh ok, good luck.

PoBoy321
02-15-2005, 05:37 AM
In all honesty, if this guy is playing K8 it's doubtful that he's going anywhere. He was drawing to about 4.5 outs and he hit. Don't worry too much about it.

As for playing tired, don't. Only play when you've got your wits about you. And play lower limits if you've only got a $50 BR (I'm not sure what they offer at pokerroom, I haven't played there in about 6 months).

EDIT: You might also want to think about betting a little more on the turn, say a full $3. As for the river, I'd check behind. Any draw got there and most hands with kicker trouble got there.

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 05:38 AM
.10/.25 is the lowest they have. Go read the Official NL Open Internet Challenge in this forum and you can read the rules for the challenge. My normal bankroll is $500+, I'm not underrolled.

Official NL Open Internet Challenge (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1728547&amp;page=1&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

MyMindIsGoing
02-15-2005, 05:39 AM
I suggest folding all crap like AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ, KT preflop. Maybe I'm too tight, but works fine for me. The way you played it on flop and turn was ok I think though. I would not value bet the river here though.

fimbulwinter
02-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Not to say you played this badly, your line is perfectly acceptable, but I've seen a bit of passive play out of you and remember when i once played as you do. consider the following:

- I personally value KQ in LP more than AQ in EP (MP for full ring). My pokertracker supports my value judgement.
- If you could average just 3.5 BB in earinings every time you picked up KQ, would you do it?
- on a flop like this one, do you enjoy the feeling of betting a hand like TPMK into a field of limpers who will often, if not always, checkraise on this kind of flop when they hit a big hand?
- after you bet on a flop like this one, do you feel there is any ambiguity left as to the identity of your hand? do you feel players will make EV mistakes that are not of the sort which can be compensated by implied odds?
- After the turn, would you like to see the river if it is a 9? any broadway except your K? any club?
- On the river, what OESD did not make it? what flush draw did not make it? what is in fact the worst possible river card for you to see?
- On the river, how many possible iterations of dominated/paying you hands are there? how many different possible combinations of logical opponent hands are now better than yours? therefore, should you value bet?

Again, I mean no offense, I just want to try and get you thinking on that next level, which often translates into agressive, intelligent play.

My personal line here would have been to raise preflop, bet flop, bet turn, check behind on river.

before I check the results, he had AT/images/graemlins/club.gif right?
watch how dumb i look in a minute...

good luck and keep plugging, I think you're getting close to that point where it all clicks.

fim

fimbulwinter
02-15-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest folding all crap like AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ, KT preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo, you're no fun

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm too tight,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding the third best unpaired starting hand in holdem, literally the 16th preflop nuts, on the button? No way you can be that tight...or can you...?

[ QUOTE ]
but works fine for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this 100%. The world of SSNL is certainly a beautiful one.

fim

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Thanks for your commetns fimbulwinter. From what I remember this is my first HH that you've commented on. Are you saying that you've seen me play passively in previous hands I've posted, or have you played with me on PR before?

-I think it's just PR but it is loaded with slowplayers. I would rather raise UTG with AQ and get some callers and no that they could possibly have big hands, than wait until I hit TPMK to find out they slowplayed their AK PF (which almost everyone on here does).
-Yes
-I do, except for the times that I run into a PF slowplayed TPTK. Maybe this is a reason I'm playing overly passive. Most players I've played against would not check-raise a flop they hit hard, but check/call, check/call, check/raise or overbet the river.
-Not sure I understand this question.
-I do not want to see a 9 or an A on the river because it completes the QJ OESD. Any other broadway might also concern me that they two-paired (unless it was my Q). Any club would not worry me, unless I was C/Red, like I was.
-34 (unlikely hand) did not make it, the QJ OESD did, A/images/graemlins/club.gif
-Too many for me to value bet. AK, K9, KT, Kx/images/graemlins/club.gif are all possibilities.

You helped out a lot fimbul. /images/graemlins/grin.gif No AT/images/graemlins/club.gif was not it. Thanks again!

MyMindIsGoing
02-15-2005, 06:47 AM
If they are offsuit I should add, suited is a whole diffrent story. Besides he was in CO not button.

Another thing I think is that just beacuse a hand is "third best" preflop doesn't mean at all that it is a good hand postflop. I rather have a hand that does not win that often, but when it does, it wins alot. Alot of the AJ, KJ and such hands win small pots or loses big ones. I may be stupid but I just don't like playing AJos, ATos and such hands. The only ofsuited hands I play are the ones I raise preflop with (AK, AQ), others are an easy fold for me.

fimbulwinter
02-15-2005, 06:52 AM
wow, that's mighty tight.

just out of curiosity, what's your VP$IP? what site/stakes do you play?

fim

fimbulwinter
02-15-2005, 06:55 AM
if you've found a site where people will limp in and not call a raise with anything but AQ or better, send me the link!

I won't even have to look at my cards to make money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fim

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 06:57 AM
lol, no they'll call raises with garbage. I'm saying the majority of them are very passive PF as far as raising themselves.

MyMindIsGoing
02-15-2005, 06:59 AM
VP$IP is 15%, I play prima poker $0.25/0.5 &amp; $0.5/1.0 PL and NL.

jimdmcevoy
02-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I play the hand exactly as you did except probably check the river since the straight and flush got there. It's hard for him to call with a worse hand looking at that board.