PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to pay it off?

ruan99
02-15-2005, 04:46 AM
Live 10/20 game. Hero is CO with 5-6 off.
Many limpers, hero calls, button calls as well as blinds. 9 to the flop.
Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to early limper who bets, MP1 raises, I call, big blind calls, early call.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Big blind bets, early limper calls, MP1 calls, I raise, all call.

River: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, check, MP1 bets, Hero????

Do I gotta pay it off? Pretty big pot but... MP1 is a decent player. Limps in a bit too much, but plays decent after flop.

Kaz The Original
02-15-2005, 04:51 AM
I don't get it. What hand is he raising the flop that beats you? I mean, I might just call the river, but fold? Huh?

ruan99
02-15-2005, 04:58 AM
He could have back door diamonds for instance. The point is how many of you who play in regular games come accros this situation and call and win? I lean toward calling but "know" I am losing. Then ask, would he bet 10 J? I doubt it.

SenecaJim
02-15-2005, 10:25 AM
could also being playing 9T suited, raised to protect top pair, called with open end straight and hit J high straight. But me, I pay it off anyway. Good player taking a stab, or possibly 2 pair, wouldnt want to risk losing whole pot.

Jeffage
02-15-2005, 11:22 AM
It's an automatic call for one bet when the pot is that large. And muck that hand preflop.

Jeff

DcifrThs
02-15-2005, 01:14 PM
i may call that hand preflop on the button...but not in the CO...just the fact that it might get raised b/c there are 3 chances blows...with 2 chances and both of them knowing they have shitty position for the rest of the hand i MAY see a flop if everybody limps!!

on the river you're calling, no question. dont fold...

-Barron

MStanley
02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I would say he would be betting with something like an AJ

With such a big pot, you have to call 1 more bet