PDA

View Full Version : 88 Overpair hand

PoBoy321
02-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Interpoker $.50/1 NL

The games had been pretty passive, not too much aggression on any streets. Either way, this is a hand I played and I'm worried that I played it a little weak/tight.

No read on the villain in this hand. We both have about equal stacks of $55-$60

I'm on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Villain is UTG and raises to $5. Folded to me, I call, the blinds drop out. Heads up on the flop, $11.50 in the pot.

Flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain leads for $10. I fold.

My thinking was that given the general texture of the table, there really hadn't been much pre-flop raising, and players really weren't bluffing with missed overcards very often, but I didn't have a read on this particular player, so he may have been capable of that. I feel like my play was weak/tight, but given the short stacks, any type of raise would nearly pot commit me. Granted, he could have been on a heart draw, but I'm only a very small favorite against a heart draw + overs. In hindsight, maybe I should have just called and gotten aggressive if the turn came a blank.

Any thoughts?

Caruso329
02-15-2005, 04:20 AM
UTG raise and a pot bet lead out, I'm putting him on an overpair bigger than yours, or maybe a missed AKs (and could be on the heart draw with it).