Danenania
02-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Hardest goddamn game ever.

__Q__
02-15-2005, 02:43 AM
I think I remember that being the case.

BusterStacks
02-15-2005, 02:44 AM
oh god, every iteration of that game is SO hard. I beat II though. once.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 02:49 AM
I assume you mean the Xbox version.

It's hard, but worth it.
Any game that forces me to throw a controller in disgust, and then have the urge to pick it right back up again is a winner.

Danenania
02-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Yeah it's hard yet awesome. I hate it but can't stop playing.

EDIT: Oh and this is on Xbox. And I'm talking about fvcking NORMAL difficulty level. Trying to imagine what hard must be like is painful.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it's hard yet awesome. I hate it but can't stop playing.

EDIT: Oh and this is on Xbox. And I'm talking about fvcking NORMAL difficulty level. Trying to imagine what hard must be like is painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, once you have beaten the game on normal, you can go back to all the parts you thought were hard at the beginning (like that first boss on the horse) and it seems easy.

I didn't really check out any of the tougher difficulty settings. I was just happy that I had finished the game with some of my sanity intact.

ThaSaltCracka
02-15-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any game that forces me to throw a controller in disgust, and then have the urge to pick it right back up again is a winner.

[/ QUOTE ] every single GTA game has made me do this. Other than that, MVP 2004 made me do it.

Danenania
02-15-2005, 03:24 AM
"(like that first boss on the horse)"

Ha! That's exactly where I'm stuck right now. Soooo frustrating. I think I have to go back and do the whole level over saving more potions.

AngryCola
02-15-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"(like that first boss on the horse)"

Ha! That's exactly where I'm stuck right now. Soooo frustrating. I think I have to go back and do the whole level over saving more potions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes.
Get ready for some real challenges ahead.

Having a lot of health there is important, so go ahead and go back. You probably could eventually beat him and his two respawning buddies, but it would be difficult.

*Very small hint in white below*
<font color="white">Those two guys eventually stop coming back to life.</font>

Danenania
02-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Yeah I have actually killed all the mage guys a couple times, but never with enough health left to kill the horse.

pokerOpus
02-15-2005, 05:39 AM
upgrade the wooden sword all the way. Then you will start to kick ass.

TBag
02-15-2005, 05:48 AM
That's incorrect, ridiculous big sword is for winners. Ya know, the one with the crazy-ass spin move that chops of loads of heads. OH YEAH

astroglide
02-15-2005, 01:10 PM
the hardest part of ng1 was getting across the bridge to get into the boss room without getting wasted or losing your special. knowing the wall climb trick was key to getting around in general though. i also wonder how hard malth would have been if he didn't fall for constant duck/swing.

xadrez
02-15-2005, 01:17 PM
I LOVED this game...one of my favorite of all time. After I beat it on Normal, I went back and tried it on Hard, and it took me 2 1/2 hours to pass the first level...

That g-damn tank and helicopter board was by far the most frustrating for me...

Duke
02-15-2005, 01:27 PM
I know in the middle you specify that it's the XBox version, but there are multiple completely different versions of this game (that have been coming out for the past 20 years), most of which weren't very tough at all. Suffice it to say that I was a bit confused.

~D

Brock Landers
04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I have to respawn this thread because I am contemplating suicide. On Chapter 5 (I think) where you are in the phone booth like room with the scarab and with the save statue, you step outside and 3 ninjas materialize. Then you kill them and go to the town square, the gates go up and you fight 3 or 4 guys, kill them, then go fight 4 more ninjas, then 3 ninjas, then 3 DINOSAURS, then the big TENTACLE BLOB BOSS. WTF?

Is there a save statue that you can use in between? I just cant kill all of these guys without depleating all of my health before I get through all of them. I'm using the normal sword, should I use the wooden sword?

TStoneMBD
04-07-2005, 06:12 PM
i got sick of the game really fast. i hate games that make you start all over just because you died somewhere in the middle. that drives me crazy.

Ogre
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
There are games on Xbox other then the Halos? Weird.