PDA

View Full Version : gettin butt handed to me HEADS-UP

J-Lo
02-14-2005, 11:43 PM
My last few SNG’s leave me baffled heads up. With 30x BB and loose opponent, I raise to 3xBB from button w/ A7, he pushes… first time he pushed since heads up… .this is about the 10nth hand of heads up play. I think easy fold….

However, when it gets to 5x-11x BB, I push everything playable except AA, KK, and QQ… JJ+TT I limp vs aggressive player and push vs passive…
Is this too aggressive? If I 2:1 do I wait for a good hand to push? Or see 89s and happily put my chips in middle? Does it depend on how often my opponent is stealing my blind? People seem to happily call my 78s push w/ Q2o or something terrible like that….
Am I passing up too much w/ KQ, KJ, Ax where x<7? Do I give up my BB to easily heads up?

Maybe it’s just normal variance, but I think I’ve been getting outplayed badly heads up… HELP!!!

reecelights
02-15-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm having the same problem...lots of 2nds. I await replies. Meanwhile...I'll post some HHs of the 7000-1000 lead I blew. Help!

raptor517
02-15-2005, 12:59 AM
the thing about heads up is its quite hard to maintain a significant edge due to the structure of the blinds. some players choose to push every hand, which is actually not a terrible thing to do. Daliman was doing a test on this but im not quite sure how that is going.. anyways, heads up i am very agressive, if i folded the last 2-3 hands because i have gotten junk i generally push then next hand any 2. if the opponent is pushing any 2 i call with pretty much Kx or better. it sounds stupid, and it really is, but you should be able to squeeze a few extra points out of your ROI juz bumping up your agressiveness.

SuitedSixes
02-15-2005, 01:03 AM
What are you so tight for? You only have to beat one hand.

ilya
02-15-2005, 01:09 AM
And what a big butt it is.

J-Lo
02-15-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the thing about heads up is its quite hard to maintain a significant edge due to the structure of the blinds. some players choose to push every hand, which is actually not a terrible thing to do. Daliman was doing a test on this but im not quite sure how that is going.. anyways, heads up i am very agressive, if i folded the last 2-3 hands because i have gotten junk i generally push then next hand any 2. if the opponent is pushing any 2 i call with pretty much Kx or better. it sounds stupid, and it really is, but you should be able to squeeze a few extra points out of your ROI juz bumping up your agressiveness.

[/ QUOTE ]

There in lies the problem, i'm TOO aggressive and loose, to the point where i'l give up my 2:1 chiplead by pushing w/ 78s and getting called by absolute trash, like Q2o... Then i tighten up, and push any Ax, Kx, pair... but then they tighten up too, and then i'l run into 77 w/ my A7

raptor517
02-15-2005, 04:19 AM
ugh, heads up is difficult to learn on 2+2. it really just takes a lot of experience to really start getting a feel for it. even then it wont make a WHOLE lot of difference. what is the ration between your 1sts and 2nds?