PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Whoring Rakeback 101 General Questions

Chairman Wood
02-14-2005, 11:43 PM
First of all, I have read the FAQ and although the guidelines are pretty clear about rakeback questions etc. I feel as if I can still ask these questions and stay within the terms. If I cross the line, please feel free to flame away and put me in my place but try not to get too upset over it as I am really just asking for advice and that I apologize in advance. This is my first post in the Zoo.
I have a few questions and I would like you guys to let me know what you think is best for me. I currently have an account at Party Poker and play 2/4 LHE and I will be moving to 3/6 very soon. Depending on how busy I am I play between 7,000 and 25,000 hands in a month. I have no other accounts other than one at absolute that I never use anymore.

1) I've been told that it is not possible to obtain bonuses while you are involved in a rakeback program. Yay/Nay? I'll assume yay. After doing some searching it was advised that you should play at whatever skin you have a rakeback when no skin is offering a bonus. When a bonus is offered play at that skin until cleared and then go back to your rakeback skin. My question here is what skins are more likely to be offering bonuses? If say Empire is always offering bonuses it wouldn't make much sense for me to have rakeback there when I could use another site for rakeback and come to Empire for the bonuses. If someone could tell me what they think the best site to have a rakeback on and what site to go for bonuses I would appreciate it. I'm sorry if I broke the rules here.

1a) I've thought about signing up for a 25% rakeback on Eurobet Good/Bad your thoughts?

2) I believe I read somewhere that party and skins don't like rakebacks. I even think I've heard they are against the terms of service (I've read them and I don't think they are) and that if they had proof that a rakeback existed your account could be closed. Rumors? Silliness? Please explain.

3) I'm not sure I understand this whole bonus whoring phenomenon. If I understand correctly. I can make a deposit and receive X%. After playing some number of raked hands I will receive that bonus amount and it is completely mine to do whatever I feel. I can then withdraw that money. When another bonus is offered, say one month later I can redeposit that same money and get another bonus. Correct?

4) I have heard of a few crooked people in this business. I know that I can't ask for information on specific rakeback programs but I do have one question. Imagine I got in with a crooked rakeback offer/affiliate. The only harm that they could do to me is not give me the rakeback I was supposed to get right? There is no way they could steal or do anything to the money in my account at the site they signed me up for. Am I right? Are there any other scenarios/problems/horror stories that I should be on the lookout for? Are there any party skins that haven't proven themselves trustworthy? Can one assume that if they are a party skin that they are a pretty solid site?
Thank you all very much for your time, I appreciate everybit of info you could give to me. Again I apologize if I have caused you all frustration by my ignorance of the rules.
Cheers,
The Chairman

cdy
02-15-2005, 12:35 AM
1) You may attain bonus while you have a rakeback program, however any rake you contribute while clearing bonuses is not eligible for rakeback (except I think at a few Cryptologic sites).

1a) There are lots of rakeback affiliates. Spend 30 min and do the research. Check out the classifieds on this site. Sign up with a reputable site, and not with an individual you do not know.

2)Silliness.

3)Correct.

4)Don't sign up with a crooked rake back affiliate. Sign up with a company in the 2+2 classifieds. In any case, all an affiliate can do is not give you your rake back.

Chairman Wood
02-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Wow! I made my post and then left work and I didn't realize how long it was until I read it just now when I got home. Thank you so much for taking the time to read it and answer my questions. I really appreciate that. Just a few follow up questions.
Going back to question 1:
What party skins do you think tend to offer the best bonuses? Which ones offer the worst? I think I would like my rakeback skin to be whichever skin tends to offer the worst bonuses. Good thinking, yay/nay?
4) Can one assume that just because a group advertises on 2+2 that the are a reputable rakeback program? I know 2+2 tries to uphold the the highest standards but afterall, they are not responsible for the actions of the people that advertise on their site. Do they screen rakeback advertisers in anyway? If they heard of one of their advertisers being a little skecthy would they investigate and possibly pull out the ads or take any other action?

StacysMom
02-15-2005, 01:54 AM
i got may affiliate from the message boards and he's been great, party ahs the most reloads, get a rake back at empire/pokernow/eurobet

Emmitt2222
02-15-2005, 02:06 AM
I would suggest going for PokerNOW or Eurobet because they offer the least bonuses. In looking for an affiliate in the classifieds there are many that post at 2+2 and 2+2ers who are under them. It gave me a lot of confidence to see some big name 2+2ers who were under my affiliate. Talk to those people, discuss a rate so you can get the best one, dont be afraid to haggle.
To be clear on what is taken out of your rakeback when you clear a bonus at your affiliate site: You accumulate an MGR [dont even know what this stands for] but this is the total rake you generate for a month and then you get the 25% or whatever from that. When you clear a bonus, the amount of the bonus is taken out of the MGR. If you have generated $200 in rake MGR for the month and clear a $100 bonus, your MGR now stands at $100 and you would be getting $25 with a 25% deal. Effectively you are getting 75% of a bonus.

Corey
02-15-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MGR [dont even know what this stands for]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monthly Gross Revenue

KaBoom
02-15-2005, 05:00 AM
1a)Go for Eurobet for a rakeback. They have the least reload bonuses. Don't choose Intertops. 25% is okay and becoming a standard. If you play 25000 hands at 3/6 regularly, you might even get more, ask.
2) Eurobet doesn't mind rakebacks. Rakeback is put into your account monthly. Party does, but I understand if affiliates pay you in gift certificates then they don't mind. Gift certificates are as good as cash.
3)Correct. When a bonus comes your way you can even withdraw from same site and immediatly redeposit the same funds to whore it.
4) Don't worry about crooked affiliates. If you choose Empire for your rakeback, choose a big affiliate who has individual trackers for sure. Smaller ones might not them.