PDA

View Full Version : What does this poker room look like to you?

aron
02-14-2005, 11:35 PM
First of all I sincerely hope you dont take this is a spam.

Background is this, been playing microlimits at party and empire whenever It's possible forthe last 10 months or so.
At the moment I'm studying at this boarding school were the only internet connection goes through some kind of firewall that makes it impossible to connect to the above mentioned sites.

Anyway, my teacher told me that his son was doing some sort av advertising for a place called 55poker (http://www.55poker.com) .
I just checked it up and it seems kind of dodgy to me.
I use neteller and never heard of this VictorChandler thing.
Anyone tried this place and what is your opinion on it?

Also I don't know if this is site would solve my connection problem since I don't have a clue about what the ffirewall is doing. My thinking was just that maybe I should try a less known site and perhaps that would do the trick.
If you have any recomendations I would be glad to know.

Regards - aron

Synergistic Explosions
02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the moment I'm studying at this boarding school were the only internet connection goes through some kind of firewall that makes it impossible to connect to the above mentioned sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you of legal age to even be doing this?

Jurollo
02-15-2005, 02:18 AM
VC is a decent room, I like their action point give aways, I made 42K in 5 days playing 2 tables, could play for 2 years and get a mini cooper, haha. Just be prepared to fork over a LOT of documentation when you want to cashout, like literally a LOT, and be prepared for your money to sit in a 'pending' state for 72 hours so they can try to get you to reverse your withdrawal. Other than that go for it! And oh yea, if you aren't of legal age, dont bother, the need for documentation eliminates your ability to smoothly take money out.
~Justin

aron
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I'm 24 so that would be legal enough for you.
Guess it's not actually a bording school, but I just didn't know what to call it otherwise.

Thanks for your replies
-aron

kemystery
02-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Pokerroom.com has a no D/L java version of their games,
my friend plays their b/c his connection is spotty

PapaSan
02-15-2005, 01:27 PM
What skin are u on ?? I use pokerdaddy and never had a problem cashing out, never asked for any documents and my cashouts take 1 businness day.

DarkKnight
02-15-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guess it's not actually a bording school, but I just didn't know what to call it otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prison?

Pokeraddict
02-15-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prison?

[/ QUOTE ]

Halfway house?

Yads
02-15-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom.com has a no D/L java version of their games,
my friend plays their b/c his connection is spotty

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't use ports that are blocked by the firewall.

Reef
02-15-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prison?

[/ QUOTE ]

Halfway house?

[/ QUOTE ]

brothel?