PDA

View Full Version : QQ with good action.

TripleH68
02-14-2005, 11:22 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 is tight preflop and solid postflop. His play led me to believe he had an overpair on the flop. You play this any other way? Is this an easy 3-bet preflop(reviewing I am not sure why I didn't 3-bet preflop)?

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls down...

Nick C
02-15-2005, 12:16 AM
I do think you should 3-bet preflop, which, besides being for value, will let you see if UTG+1 wants to cap or not.

Since you didn't 3-bet preflop, UTG+1 most likely doesn't have you on a hand that's as strong as what you actually hold. Nevertheless, I think putting him on an overpair is reasonable, as there's a good chance he wouldn't 3-bet your flop checkraise with overcards, and since he has tight preflop raising standards, ATs and TT could well be the only hands he raises with from EP that contain a ten.

Anyway, I think one thing to consider on the flop is leading into UTG+1. If he'll raise with overcards, this would put pressure on anyone who flopped a pair or a gutshot. Then again, as the pair any of the cold-callers flopped would most likely be top pair (or an A3 or A6 that may have UTG+1 reverse-dominated), they're probably not going anywhere anyway, and trapping people with one duplicated overcard to your queen could be worthwhile. On a board like this, I'm not sure if it's good to bet and let UTG+1 try to drive away the two remaining players or not. It could be that only those with reasonable chances against you would stay in, so maybe it's better to checkraise and trap.

foxfox1
02-15-2005, 12:43 AM
I don't like 3 betting queens from small or big from an early position raiser as 40% of the time a K or A will hit and you'll be out of position the whole hand. If he habitually bets when he raises preflop, check raise if no overs come and see if he 3 bets you.

mungpo
02-15-2005, 01:32 AM
3-bet this hand preflop. It is unlikely Villian has trips, as he probably would have slowplayed this for a big check-raise on the turn. Kind of hard to put him on a hand since you didn't reraise preflop. Looks like Villian has AA, KK, AK, or possibly TT.

TripleH68
02-15-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 is tight preflop and solid postflop. His play led me to believe he had an overpair on the flop. You play this any other way? Is this an easy 3-bet preflop(reviewing I am not sure why I didn't 3-bet preflop)?

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls down...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain showed JJ and MHIG. My play did not feel very good though...

aLOWdAkING
02-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Tight Ep raiser could raise with AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, AA, KK, JJ. I say you need to 3bet this flop for value and because you will be ahead a large amount of the time. After the checkraise, he could have AA, KK, QQ, but could also have JJ because you did not show any aggression earlier and he puts you on TP.