PDA

View Full Version : NL hand - how much to bet on river - 888 22

fireitup123
02-14-2005, 11:20 PM
5/10 NL
1k for me
1.3k for villain
I open in MP with 8d 8h for 40.00. I am called by the CO, and the other players fold.
The CO is a solid, aggressive player.

Flop is Th 7d 8c. I lead for 80.00, and am called. Turn is 2c. I bet 220, and am called. The river is pretty - 2s. I bet the rest of my chips (about 650). I considered after the hand if it was a good bet or not.

Suggestions for size of river bet?

Reef
02-15-2005, 12:09 AM
you'll get much better answers in the mid/high stakes NL forum

fireitup123
02-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Not really. I didn't get one response.

Reef
02-15-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really. I didn't get one response.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you give it at least a day to get responses? Anyway, I've only played NL100 - so I'm not exactly qualified for this.. but the bet looks fine to me.

fireitup123
02-15-2005, 06:46 AM
"did you give it at least a day to get responses? Anyway, I've only played NL100 - so I'm not exactly qualified for this.. but the bet looks fine to me."

Yes waited a day. I thought I would post it here to see if anyone would care to give any poker theory on the subject.
I have not been posting here long although I'm a very succesful cash game player, I am not sure why but have not been getting many responses in the High Stakes NL forum. Maybe they did not consider it to be a good question. Anyways, thanks for your help. I also posted it on recpoker and did get a couple of replies. Persistence, persistence:).

Lawrence Ng
02-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Your river bet highly depends on what you put you opponent on. Barring that he is a solid player, aggressive. I would bet half the pot on the river. Entice a call if he has AT or another pocket pair. It makes very hard for him to fold any solid hand he could have given the odds he is getting.

This bet size also works very well if you want opponent to think you missed you a draw and are trying to buy the pot.

Going all-in isn't a bad idea either in this particular situation, but if your opponent is more on the weaker tighter side then I wouldn't opt to do it.

Lawrence