PDA

View Full Version : AQ flops TPTK, nut flush draw -- gimme a line

private joker
02-14-2005, 09:45 PM
MP3 is aggressive, CO is unknown.

I went for a check-raise on the flop to keep CO around, but it seems he likes his hand anyway. Seeing as how I had fantastic equity on this flop, I wanted to ram and jam, so I 3-bet it. Was that a mistake?

After comments, I shall show further action...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Evan
02-14-2005, 09:48 PM
I would give some serious thoguht to 3 betting preflop. Once you didn't the flop is fine imo.

zephed56
02-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Heh, I'm a weak tightie. I never three bet this preflop. Do you do this against anyone besides preflop rocks (&lt;5% pf raise)?

Flop play looks great.

Evan
02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't know what my cutoff for PFR would be, but an aggressive player (as this one was described as) open raising in MP3 represents a range of hands that AQ is probably way ahead of.

gaming_mouse
02-14-2005, 10:33 PM
joker,

i like the flop play, but not for the reason you said. it seems that you are mainly protecting your hand, not jamming equity, though you are doing both. the other way to play it, of course, is to keep the other guy in and hope the flush comes for an even bigger payoff.

but as you are almost certainly ahead here, i like your line. quite likely you will simply take it down on the turn, unless the raiser has trips or the made flush, which is less likely than not.

BigEndian
02-15-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?

EDIT: If I play this hand, I 3-bet pre flop to take initiative and to try to get better definition of the raisors hand.

- Jim

Evan
02-15-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf