PDA

View Full Version : Need A Chau Giang Avatar "I love poker" Please!

grandgnu
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
The episode of Omaha on the WSOP where Chau Giang wins first place. There's a part where he stands up and kinda rubs his tummy/chest and proclaims "I love poker"

If anyone could provide me an avatar of that (animated if possible) for this site, I would be extremely grateful, thanks!

wonderwes
02-14-2005, 08:24 PM
I thought that was the best quote of the 04 WSOP.

Probably the only way you'll find an avatar is to make one.

grandgnu
02-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah, figured I might have to make my own there. *pout*

*stands up and rubs belly* I LOVE poker.......

Bulldog
02-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I think it's "I love play pokah", 'cause I've been quoting it for months!

IronDragon1
02-15-2005, 04:17 AM
This episode was in fact on today and I believe he added "Poker's nice"

Either way it beats the obligatory Scotty Nguyen (some phrase with the word poker) followed by baby.

PoBoy321
02-15-2005, 04:22 AM
I always thought that he was very blatantly rubbing his (presumed hard) nipples because he was so excited about winning.

God knows I do that all the time.

grandgnu
02-15-2005, 11:13 AM
poker is nice, I love play pokah

Yeah, I think that's how it went. I used to think he was rubbing his entire belly, so I would imitate it and exagerrate the motions a lot.

Now that I see he's just rubbing his chest/nipples I'm kinda let down. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

And I believe Scotty says something like "all you can eat baby!"

Maybe a Phil Hellmuth icon with "I couldn't possibly play any better than this" or "if there wasn't any luck involved I'd win everytime" *smirk* /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2planka
02-15-2005, 12:18 PM
A cine loop of him caressing himself would be pretty cool. Anyone have it?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-15-2005, 12:27 PM
The episode was on yesterday, but looking at my guide, Pot-Limit Omaha is going to be on ESPN2 again here in about half an hour. I've set my computer to record it. If anyone can tell me how to go from dvr-ms to an animated gif, I'll take a shot at it tonight. I do think this would make a brilliant avatar - I thought of it myself the first time this episode aired.

Shajen
02-15-2005, 12:37 PM
cowbell is infinitely cooler bro.

Moo

IronDragon1
02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And I believe Scotty says something like "all you can eat baby!"

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That was Men the Master saying that at the World Series in 2003 to some dude.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Alright. It was just on. He's rubbing his chest - it's not quite a full-on nipple-rub, but he's rubbing his manboobs and saying "Ahh... Pokah is nice. I love play pokah."

I've got it recorded on my computer. If someone can tell me how to convert from .dvr-ms to something useful and then from that something useful to an animated GIF, I'm all over it.

grandgnu
02-15-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't believe you can without third-party software that supports the conversion process (from what I was reading online regarding this particular format)

I have older versions of some software (Adobe Premiere 5.5 and Paint Shop Pro 5.0)

I captured a bit of the clip yesterday when it was on tv, but I don't think I got everything, so not sure how good of an avatar it will make. I'll try within the next few days to capture it from the VHS tape to my computer (using an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card) and then use Paint Shop Pro to take the different screen caps and make an animated gif out of it.

Thanks for trying!

p.s. Not sure the size of the file you have, but you could try sending it to me at triplethreatpoker@comcast.net and I could see if I can convert the file myself (I might be able to open it up in Adobe at least, convert it to AVI or just take screen caps and make the gif, you probably have more footage captured than I do)

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I believe the conversion from dvr-ms to MPEG/WMV/AVI can be done - I remember looking for this a while ago and people were still working on it, but were close. I thought newer versions of Windows MCE were supposed to make this possible/easier. I'd send you the file, but I recorded the whole show, so it's about 3GB. Depending on how work and poker go tonight, I'll see if I can track it down again, get it converted to something useful, clip it down, and send it to you.

grandgnu
02-15-2005, 02:34 PM
3 GB???? Uh, don't send it, my inbox can't take something of that size!

I guess I'll just have to try my own file, but thanks for thinking of me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Alright. I turns out that it's not that hard anymore. Apparently, Sonic's MyDVD will read in dvr-ms and save it as MPEG (http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Importing-Video-DVR-MS.html). MyDVD sounds familiar, but I don't think I have it. Anyone know where I might get it on the cheap/free?

edit: Upon paying a little bit of attention, there's a link on the page I linked to above that'll take you to some software that'll convert dvr-ms to wmv. I'm checking it out.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
What format do I want? Should I get it into MPEG or WMV? I assume MPEG would probably be better?

grandgnu
02-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I would think MPEG would be better than WMV

grandgnu
02-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah baby! It's not perfect, but it'll do for now. I'm surprised there were so many people who knew the part I was talking about. Chau Giang is an amazing player, although not as well known, he's been very strong in cash money games over the years and his return to tournament poker shows his wide range of abilities.

-Syk-
02-16-2005, 02:29 AM
http://www.spitflames.com/images/avatars/Chau.gif

Russ McGinley
02-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Man that is a tiny pic. I can't even see the cards!

-Syk-
02-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Contemplating making the famous, "Yah mon!" howl from Ted Lawson into a .gif

lucas9000
02-16-2005, 02:51 AM
i just have to use that. if it's not ok say so, but man that's sweet.

Tyler Durden
02-16-2005, 03:36 AM
I think the rubbing of the nipples is disturbing.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was Men the Master that said "all you can eat baby!"

daryn
02-16-2005, 03:38 AM
the funniest is when they show that montage and there is this fat dude, and he's like

"FAT KID GOT LUCKY, S'ALL I CAN SAY!" in this southern hick drawl hahahhaa

-Syk-
02-16-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just have to use that. if it's not ok say so, but man that's sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it, bud.

[ QUOTE ]
the funniest is when they show that montage and there is this fat dude, and he's like

"FAT KID GOT LUCKY, S'ALL I CAN SAY!" in this southern hick drawl hahahhaa

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I swear he had some farmer overalls on too.

http://www.spitflames.com/images/avatars/Ted_Lawson_Lg.gif

grandgnu
02-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Syk, thank you for making a better version than mine. I have uploaded it to my own webspace, so as not to interfere with your bandwidth.

And Lucas, I kinda mind because I wanted to have a unique avatar for the site. If everyone uses the same avatar, it just makes things kinda blech. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Get your own! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Syk-
02-16-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Syk, thank you for making a better version than mine. I have uploaded it to my own webspace, so as not to interfere with your bandwidth.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, buddy & thanks for the bandwidth concern. I appreciate it.

[ QUOTE ]
And Lucas, I kinda mind because I wanted to have a unique avatar for the site. If everyone uses the same avatar, it just makes things kinda blech. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got you.

AngryCola
02-16-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If everyone uses the same avatar, it just makes things kinda blech.

Get your own!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Original avatars are the best.
The more unique, the better.

grandgnu
02-16-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just let me take care of that.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, THIS is the reason why I decided to host the picture myself. Otherwise you'd switch it with something like "anal beads, they're what's for breakfast" on me. *smirk*

Hope Lucas isn't too upset. Thanks again Syk!

-Syk-
02-16-2005, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, THIS is the reason why I decided to host the picture myself. Otherwise you'd switch it with something like "anal beads, they're what's for breakfast" on me. *smirk*

[/ QUOTE ]

So you actually didn't care about conserving my bandwidth? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

grandgnu
02-16-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you actually didn't care about conserving my bandwidth? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry bro, but I care more about not having a picture about anal beads for breakfast, than I do about your bandwidth. *smirk* /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I owe ya one though. If I can ever assist you with winning poker (I have a GREAT strategy for playing 7/2 offsuit) just lemme know!

2planka
02-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Anal beads? WTF? I'm wearing gloves the next time I play in your home game.

lucas9000
02-16-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

changing it now...

lucas9000
02-16-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah wtf do i care?

changed now...

grandgnu
02-16-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anal beads? WTF? I'm wearing gloves the next time I play in your home game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh, I'll see you tomorrow night, should be a fun time with the reporter here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif