PDA

View Full Version : Queen high

Nate tha' Great
02-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Party 15/30.

I have J /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and open-raise on the Button. Both blinds call. The SB is a tough and very aggressive multitabler. He's a little loose and a little aggressive by 2+2 standards (especially postflop) but I'm sure he's a winning player. I did not know the BB at the time so it would be misleading to give the post facto pockertracker numbers. My table image at the time was somewhat crappy, IIRC.

The flop is T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB bets and BB calls. My impresson at the time is that SB would not play a lone ace this way. Most likely he has some sort of draw. A T or a pocket pair is possible. I also think that it's within his capabilities to play a very strong hand this way, like an ace-high spade draw, two pair, or a set. But I don't think he has like A9 or something.

I decide to call.

The turn is the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bets out again. BB folds. I call.

The river is the 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets. Pot is offering me 7.5:1. I go into the tank and call.

Not one of my proudest poker moments.

ShawnHoo
02-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Do you think there's any value to raising the turn here (folding to a 3-bet), or does that scream "bluff"?

Danenania
02-14-2005, 10:28 PM
I think if I were planning on calling this river bet I would have raised the turn. Can't come up with a reason to play it your way.

slickpoppa
02-14-2005, 10:40 PM
you're disprespecting the game man!

Ulysses
02-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I sure hope he had Ks7s.

I'd either fold or raise this river. You said he probably has a draw. Sure, you beat most flush draws. But he could easily have something like KQ or KJ for a straight draw.

TStoneMBD
02-14-2005, 11:38 PM
i think raising the turn is better than calling the river or raising the river. you may push him off a 3 or even a T, and you make him pay more for his draw. i think you gain far more value by playing it this way then by inducing a bluff.

Nate tha' Great
02-15-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sure hope he had Ks7s.

I'd either fold or raise this river. You said he probably has a draw. Sure, you beat most flush draws. But he could easily have something like KQ or KJ for a straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had KQ. You're a smart little devil.

fsuplayer
02-15-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The SB is a tough and very aggressive multitabler.

[/ QUOTE ]

you werent kidding. hell of a value bet. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif