PDA

View Full Version : Online vs. B&M Limit

antifish225
02-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi - I have a question for everyone about B&M vs. online limit play - I have to admit that I have done things in reverse of most people in that I started playing B&M several years ago (play 20-25 hours per week)and have only limited experience online (have played off and on PP 10-20) - at B&M's I play 20-40 and if they are spreading it I play 30-60 (where I play 20-40 is normally the highest limit, however occasionally they will spread higher) - I am a LT winning player offline (average of 1.3BB/HR) and play a tight/very aggressive game, my bankroll is not a major issue at the present time ($20,000+) - so my questions for all of you:

- What limit would you reco I play at online?
- What are the major changes in my game (if any) that I need to make to transition online
- I use a 'rockish' table image very well offline (however play deceptively) - is this possible online?, are people paying enough attention? (by reading the online posts it sounds like YES THEY ARE, however maybe that is just the 2+2'ers?)
- What are the best ‘tools’ to use for tracking online play and keeping track of opponents (offline I find that quite easy, online I really have no idea – I read Killer Poker online but I have to believe there are some good tools or app’s that would make this simpler)
- In terms of bankroll, assuming 250+ BB is sufficient online, any thoughts?
- Any tips on avoiding online ‘tilt’ – with my limited online play I have noticed that I tend to tilt due to more suckouts (I know, long term profitable, short term frustrating) which is something I almost never do offline, any advice on avoidng this?

Any advice or thoughts you have would be appreciated! (and btw the reason I am looking to transition some of play online is that I will be able to get in more hours per week as I am only able to get to the card room 2-3 times per week as it is a 45 minute drive…..and of course I am thinking lower expenses, no travel time, no toking the dealer, no beverages, etc, etc, etc).

Sorry for all the questions…..