PDA

View Full Version : Another live 5/10 hand - AQo - Rockford

GoblinMason (Craig)
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Rockford Charitable Games - 5/10

This was fairly early in the session, but I did have a general read on Villain as a bit laggy as confirmed by some comments I heard from my end of the table.

Hero dealt AQo UTG

Preflop: Hero Raises, Villain calls, MP calls, rest fold.

Flop (7.5 SB): Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, Villain raises, MP fold, Hero 3-bets, Villain caps, hero calls.

Turn (7.75 BB): 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, Villain checks.

River (7.75 BB): 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks...

Comments on all postflop play appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

JimGil
02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Pre-flop is good. If the villian had AA or KK he probably would have re-raised you preflop.

I would play the flop the same.

I would bet the turn - he either has 2 diamonds or AQ or QQ (hopefully not). The fact that he checked the turn makes me think he's got Ax in diamonds. So go ahead and bet the river too.

Just my 2 cents.

TripleH68
02-14-2005, 07:48 PM
I would bet out on the turn and consider calling down if he raises. The cap on flop does not mean much and if villain holds a flush draw let's charge him.

GoblinMason (Craig)
02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
How about if I hadn't posted the turn action past Hero checks...?

bakku
02-14-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about if I hadn't posted the turn action past Hero checks...?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I did have a general read on Villain as a bit laggy

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn, I like the river check.

SenecaJim
02-14-2005, 10:05 PM
If read you feel is good, bet the turn. Lot of possibilities here for laggy to come on strong with. K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif maybe TJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's along with aforementioned hands.

I would check river, not cause think i'm beat, but good chance he can't resist taking stab with busted flush.

Also possible KQo and you will outkick him. Don't be timid here. I have made this mistake and leanred it's worth the risk. Plus sends a message to laggy.

GoblinMason (Craig)
02-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Ok you guys are right. He showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I think betting the turn is probably best; however I think lags will stab at this a lot on the turn if you check to them on the turn and you'd lose less when behind. However, you guys are right about betting, when he checks behind, it's bad news.

Thanks for the help.

-Craig