PDA

View Full Version : QTs pre flop quiz

A_C_Slater
02-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Ten handed. Small stakes.

2 EP limpers, MP raise, MP cold call, you have QTs in the Cut off. You....?

Yobz
02-14-2005, 07:42 PM
reads would be nice, but I fold unless the raiser is a complete maniac and the rest of the table are calling stations and will call (not even raise w/the nuts) every hand...

And by complete maniac I mean some very high PFR%

A_C_Slater
02-14-2005, 07:50 PM
I ask because this situation just occured in a game I was playing at Paradise. And I opted to fold and then the flop comes Q5Q of course, and pocket KK takes it down with 2 callers to the river.

Then I thought of SSHE and the loose games chart where it says if 4 or more have entered the pot to call with any pocket pair, A9-A2s, T9-76s, and any two suited cards ten or higher

AviD
02-14-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ask because this situation just occured in a game I was playing at Paradise. And I opted to fold and then the flop comes Q5Q of course, and pocket KK takes it down with 2 callers to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results oriented much?

AviD
02-14-2005, 07:57 PM
This is seemingly an easy fold, and I don't think its close.

A_C_Slater
02-14-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Results oriented much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It just made me doubt the soundness of folding. Save your snippy remarks for someone else.

bernie
02-14-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then I thought of SSHE and the loose games chart where it says if 4 or more have entered the pot to call with any pocket pair, A9-A2s, T9-76s, and any two suited cards ten or higher

[/ QUOTE ]

regardless of preflop action?

The raiser is close enough on your right that for me, it's a raise/fold spot. I'd want a couple more in between to coldcall this. Absent of any reads, I'd fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then of course you should've called. What were you thinking? Those flops don't come too often, you have to be there when they hit. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yes, I know the result triggered the question, but you have to expect that when you put a results oriented type reason in there. Take it in stride.

b

John Deere
02-14-2005, 09:37 PM
4/8 in AC. I am on the button with QTo and 5 limpers to me. I call, and the SB raises. Everyone calls, for 7 or 8 to the flop. Flop is QQ5, checked to me, and I bet. A few callers. Turn is a T, checked again to me, and I bet. Only SB calls. SB says, "Well, I think I'm gonna need a lot of help here." The river is an A. Need I tell you what he had?

Karma's a bitch.

Piers
02-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Four people pot commited, plus the blinds. Likely to be six or seven way for two bets /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Call has to better than a raise, as you want to encourage bad calls behind you.

Might consider folding if there had been only one limper.