PDA

View Full Version : Calling any two preflop

KingDan
02-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Hand History for Game 1591262022 *****
NL Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:9563875 Level:5 Blinds(100/200) - Monday, February 14, 17:53:18 EDT 2005
Table Table 11537 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 6: Kingdan223 ( $3015 )
Seat 7: Smallstack ( $585 )
Seat 10: randomguy (NOT AGGRESSIVE)( $4400 )
Trny:9563875 Level:5
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Kingdan223 [ 4c 3d ]
allbroke folds.

To me.
The big stack and I have been playing pretty cautiously against each other, i have been stealing some of his blinds hes not putting up to much of a fight. Only been 3 handed for a few hands so not really sure. He's calling me down some to keep me honest. But say seocnd pair are just getting checked down which is fine by me.
I dont want to let that small stack double (obviously). My ability to steal goes way down, and I have to fight for 3rd instead of heads up with lets say 45% chance to win heads up. (i think most players fold to much to allins at the end giving me an edge at the end, but i have to respect his chiplead.
Whats the minimum to put the small stack all in in that hand. How little would he have to have in front of him to make me play any two?

thanks

Insty
02-16-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to let that small stack double (obviously). My ability to steal goes way down,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You still have twice as many chips as him, and the big stack is not being agressive so you dont have to worry about him pushing you around.

Let me get this straight.

You post 100 SB and have 2915 remaining.
Smallstack posts 200 BB and had 385 remaining.
(Note: If you're going to fiddle with your hand histories at least do it consistently!)

[ QUOTE ]

Whats the minimum to put the small stack all in in that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to put in another 485.
Smallstack will then have to put 385 into a pot of 785 giving him about 2:1 odds. Which is probably worth his while if he has a top 50% hand. If he does and since you don't, this would be a good deal for him.

[ QUOTE ]

How little would he have to have in front of him to make me play any two?

[/ QUOTE ]
100 chips, you post SB he goes all in for his last 100 and you go to showdown.

These were probably not the answers you wanted but I think you might be asking the wrong questions.

You provided lots of information about the big stack, but you are not trying to win a pot against the big stack. The question you probably need to be asking is: Is the small stack going to call you if you put him all in?
If the answer is yes, fold and wait for a better spot.
If the answer is no, push and take his blinds.
If the answer is I don't know, fold and wait for a better spot. 43o is not that great a hand.

curtains
02-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I fold the 43o.