PDA

View Full Version : Why are all my donwloaded Kazaa songs corrupted??

teddyFBI
02-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Do newer CDs have some kind of new anti-piracy encryption on them??

I tried downloading like 8 different songs that I heard on the Grammy's last night from Kazaa lite, and every single one (i tried like 5 different source files for each) was corrupted...all they looked like MP3 files, but when I opened them in Winamp, they were like 20 minuets long, and there was just silence, no music.

My friend thinks that the RIAA purposely floods the P2P networks with corrupt files after major music events, i.e. grammys...anyone know what the word is here?

EDIT: please leave behind the issue, for now, of whether it's wrong, morally, legally, etc. to use P2P networks.

Freakin
02-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I've heard the purposely flood the community period. My experience has been finding a proportionaly higher amount of the popular songs I look for being corrupted. I've had better luck on Kazaa w/ less popular songs. That being said, I don't use Kazaa anymore, and instead go w/ IRC or torrents.

Freakin

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-14-2005, 07:06 PM
It's because you're a bad person and you shouldn't be stealing.

syka16
02-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Kazaa's been flooded with bunk files for years.

Joe826
02-14-2005, 07:38 PM
more importantly, why the hell are you still using kazaa?

BusterStacks
02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Bearshare.

End of thread.

astroglide
02-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Reef
02-14-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

waaaay to much adware.

Joe826
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
reef do you ever play at aces in spokane?

teddyFBI
02-14-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

waaaay to much adware.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i have kazaa lite, which is adware free.

wonderwes
02-14-2005, 08:23 PM
You should use Kazaa Lite Resurection. It a newer version from Kazaa Lite. Since the last version of Klite came out in early '04. KLite Resurrection made some good improvements with connectivity and other small issues. There are a bunch of bogus music files on Kazaa. It can get frustrating just finding a decent 192kps mp3 of the song.

Tips to finding a real music file? Look at the size of the file. If you know what the size of the bogus file is, you can steer away from them even if they have a different file name. Also, you can sometimes guess by the name of the file if it is a legit rip or not. Bogus files usually have a shortened song title.

Best of luck. Its a mp3 jungle out there.