PDA

View Full Version : preflop raise (not reraise) for 1/3 my stack

mgsimpleton
02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
1/2 at Foxwoods

I'm in the CO, I look down and see AhQh, which is one of very few playable hands I've seen all night thus far. Preflop action has been crazy so far; players are opening for 20 (10BB) w/ J10o and trash like that.

There is a live straddle for 4 and crazy maniac in front of me makes it 30 to go. I, very dejectedly, launch my hand into the muck.

I was absolutely sure I was wayyy ahead but I decided it best to wait for another spot. Even against J10 o it was likely I would be sucked out on. Only thing I could hope for there was like KQ or AJ, but who knows what he had.

Is this the easiest decision ever? I mean, I guess I was just really sad about it. It was either a fold or a push, but there was 0 folding equity so I thought better not get my stack committed w/ a marginal drawing hand.

Thoughts? I don't know if this is at all interesting but it just made me very very sad. And more impatient by the minute.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Reasons to play this hand:
1. Maniac has 0 fold equity and therefore you are likely ahead.
2. Not playing it put you on tilt (I guess).

You are hoping that JT will call you. You are way ahead of it. If you won't play against this fool, then you should sit out, you aren't in the frame of mind.

zaxx19
02-14-2005, 07:18 PM
You are hoping that JT will call you. You are way ahead of it\

Really...depends on your meaning of way ahead. Remember when you dont have a pair you usually ARE NOT way ahead of random hands.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 07:28 PM
AQs against JTo is 65-35, that's way ahead.