PDA

View Full Version : A way to still use Paypal?

09-01-2002, 05:07 PM
For those of you who have the Paypal debit card, can you use that card to deposit into pokersites? I know to get one you have to "upgrade" your account which results in being charged a fee to receive funds.

However, if you were to upgrade your account and receive the debit card, you get 1.5% cashback on all purchases that don't require a pin which would offset somewhat the fee you'll be charged when you cashout.

I ask simply because I am a disgruntled Firepay customer and I'd like to choose the most cost-efficient option between Neteller and Paypal. Thank you for all non-kook replies.

Once a jek, always a jek

09-01-2002, 05:20 PM
Good point,

Only thing is that the debit card is a mastercard, and most mastercards prohibt online gambling. Regardless if it is under the paypal name it still has to follow the guidelines of mastercard inc. I think it is mastercards policy to prohibit all transactions linked to online gambling.

Furthermore all purchases to gaming sites are tagged by paypal as well.

You can try it good luck and let us know how it works.

09-01-2002, 06:04 PM
there are a couple of sites that have credit card processors that are obviously not coded for gaming. these sites still accept mastercard, and at both of the sites i have used my paypal debit card successfully, and received the 1.5% cash back on the purchase of chips.

so i would suggest trying your paypal debit card at any site that still accepts mastercard. think of it as a deposit bonus (tiny one, but still a bonus)