PDA

View Full Version : Am I an Automatic telling machine? 100NL (6max)

albin
02-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi!

A few days ago a guy at Pokernow told me that he had noted saying "ATM" (automatic telling machine) since our last session. I'm I winning player but the fact that he took that note has been bothering me for days now. I play 100NL (6max) often multi table, my WP$IP is around 29, PFR is 7.5%, Went to SD 24% (I know it's hard to say about those stats but just as a reference). What makes you take an "ATM" note on a player?

What can I do to prevent more people to take this note on me?

Should a raise with more hands pre-flop?
For the moment I rasing with AQo, ATs,88,89s and better (mostly in late position). Off curse I don't raise them every time and I always try to adapt to the table but this is my rising standards in general. I been thinking of start rising with 34s-78s more pre-flop, they tend to pay off more then they hit something and you are less likely to run into higher straits then 89s.

Should I mix-up my pre-flop size more?
I use to have a pretty standard raise of 3.5xBB with my raising hands, sometimes 5xBB with JJ, AK UTG with many callers. Lately I have been mixing up the bets sizes a bit more and also use the "auto-bet the pot function" on random occasion.

I'm going to post some hands on the forum shortly but any thoughts on my pre-flop play would be great.

Cheers!

tbach24
02-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Standardize your play. If you are winning, then don't change. If you think you will be outplayed by that guy then don't sit with him.

TheWorstPlayer
02-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Unless he is your friend (and it doesn't sound like it) he probably told you that because you are a good player and he wanted you to get mad and play worse. In fact if you search this forum (and the mid-/high-stakes one) you will find whole threads dedicated to things you can say to good players to make them play worse. Just shrug it off. Your numbers seem fine, your raising range seems fine. I might mix up limping and raising hands like AQo, especially from EP, but definitely raise it more frequently. It seems like you are fine, so don't worry about the fact that I just noted "ATM" under you at Party.

mcb
02-14-2005, 07:36 PM
I agree with this. If you are winning then I wouldnt worry about what another player says about you. If you play a more ABC style game and are getting paid off then stick with it (esp. at party), as most players don't notice you haven't arent losing many showdowns.

ipp147
02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Basically, what everyone else. Your preflop play seems ok, obviously we cannot tell postflop.

If it is bothering you I would have a look in Pokertracker at the session(s) you played with him. He may have given you that label over 50 hands etc

One last thing,

"I been thinking of start rising with 34s-78s more pre-flop, they tend to pay off more then they hit something and you are less likely to run into higher straits then 89s"

I am sure you know this but circumstances have to be right for this. Especially in 6-max as these hands lose alot of value in the shorthanded games over full ring - more so when your raise gets you heads-up.

Welcome to the forums

warlockjd
02-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Dude, who cares what some guy on a poker site says about you?

People have told me I'm a losing player and blah blah blah. Usually, I watch their play for a few minutes before giving them a fish note or 2.