PDA

View Full Version : Question for the pros and multi-tablers

AtticusFinch
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
What do you recommend to cut the monotony while playing? Music? Talk radio? Clearly for me, surfing the web while playing (including posting here) is a VERY bad idea.

Scuba Chuck
02-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Finch, how many tables do you play at once? What buyin? Do you stagger, or start all at one time?

Next, how and where does reading 2+2 interfere with your play?

Hawkeye27
02-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Sirius Backspin Old Skool Rap for me. It almost puts me in a Zen like trance. Not a pro, but put in alot of latenight hours multi tabling.

tallasudude
02-14-2005, 06:27 PM
If you have music match...go into the Children's section and listen to "Doris the stegosaurus" or the "Food Jokes song"...it makes me happy.

Hmm.... or Dr. Dre, Mace, Snoop dog, Pop/Rock, other Rap, etc.

AtticusFinch
02-14-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Finch, how many tables do you play at once? What buyin? Do you stagger, or start all at one time?

Next, how and where does reading 2+2 interfere with your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 55s. I've single tabled up until now. I want to start multi-tabling.

Reading 2+2 gets me so engrossed that I forget about the game I'm playing. I think that multi-tabling might actually improve my ROI as I'll be forced to stay "at the table" more.

ZeeJustin
02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
I play 8-12 sngs at a time. I always have music playing. Generally I have aim, irc, msn, and internet exlporer open also. Sometimes Ill have a dvd playing too.

tallasudude
02-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Playing poker with out reading 2+2? Pff...your crazy man.

GauchoFish
02-14-2005, 06:36 PM
this is no sarcasm...i play 4 minimum and have multiple browser windows, AIM, food cooking, telephone calls coming etc...that keeps my game in line, when i focus too much on the tables i get impatient, over-analyze situations...for me, the first instinct is usually the correct one, at least long term. by this i mean that its easy to muck JJ to a raise and a re-raise all-in if i haven't spent the last twenty seconds salivating over my jacks.

WD

11t
02-14-2005, 06:41 PM
I play with 3 tables open at a time and stagger them so they are each in different stages. Like I'll start by opening 2 then when they hit middle stage I open another one and once I win/lose one of the original 2 I open another and keep cycling. I try to play in like 9 game bursts and I listen to music on headphones and try to not succomb to outside distractions.

Basically I bend my entire being upon victory.

AtticusFinch
02-14-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is no sarcasm...i play 4 minimum and have multiple browser windows, AIM, food cooking, telephone calls coming etc...that keeps my game in line, when i focus too much on the tables i get impatient, over-analyze situations...for me, the first instinct is usually the correct one, at least long term. by this i mean that its easy to muck JJ to a raise and a re-raise all-in if i haven't spent the last twenty seconds salivating over my jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I suspect that this may be it with me, too. I never make ridiculously fishy plays like limping with KJo UTG early, playing any ace, calling pot-sized bets with draws, etc. My costliest mistakes always come from overthinking the situation. Maybe I should just dive right into multi-tabling.

raptor517
02-14-2005, 06:58 PM
lol, yea, i play 8 and watch tv and post on 2+2, talk on aim, talk on the phone, make macaroni, and generally not even pay attention to my sngs because once you get it down everything is automatic.

GauchoFish
02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
dunno if you should start multi-tabling but i can tell you this...the last thing you have time for with 4 tables going is over analyzing a situation /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stripsqueez
02-14-2005, 07:09 PM
i listen to music although not all the time - sometimes i think that the music distracts me

focusing but not obsessing is not so easy - serious archers often back away from taking a shot and start again because they find that thinking about it too much disturbs there focus - i normally play very quick but sometimes when i have had a lot of time to think i try and blank out and start again - that usually works

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

SuitedSixes
02-14-2005, 09:37 PM
LAUNCHcast at Yahoo! is superior to Sirius. For $3.95 a month, you get a station that adapts to what you like, and don't like in addition to 40+ pre-programmed stations. You can also skip over and ban any songs that you don't like and never want to hear again.