PDA

View Full Version : Low pocket pairs at Party $25NL

ace_in_the_hole
02-14-2005, 05:17 PM
At the Party $25 NL tables, what kinds of pocket pairs should I be limping with, raising with and out of what position in an unraised pot. Thanks.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
If raised to you, call with JJ and down.
If limped to you, limp with TT and down.
EP: Limp with TT and down
MP: If folded, limp with 88 and down.
LP: If folded, limp with 66 and down.

ace_in_the_hole
02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks tbach, you are like my own personal coach today, thank you for responding to all my posts with good info.
Just out of curiosity, what is your current playing situation? Do you multitable the Party $25 NL? or something else? Thanks Again.

istewart
02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If raised to you, call with JJ and down.
If limped to you, limp with TT and down.
EP: Limp with TT and down
MP: If folded, limp with 88 and down.
LP: If folded, limp with 66 and down.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

So just play all pocket pairs is what you're saying tbach? Or what?

tbach24
02-14-2005, 05:36 PM
PP's own. And obviously those I didn't mention you raise. I will call up to 15% (destroying the rule of 5-10) of my stack with one if I know that I will get action from other callers behind.

tbach24
02-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Look at Bobbofitos's location and you'll see my game. I played PP NL25 but without any 'roll discipline and went bust rather quickly (AA vs. KK for my entire roll, yuck).

willie
02-14-2005, 06:11 PM
i'm making the transition from nl sit and goes to nl ring

and i've found that it's definitely pretty lucrative to look at a flop with pocket pairs if you can get in there for a decent price with multiway action

the difference is that you don't have a limited stack to play with like you normally would in a tournament so you can try to spike sets constantly. You wouldn't want to call a 4 bb raise with 33 headsup, but if it's raise with a few callers then checking out a flop definitely is not a sin

it may be a leak and i may be wrong so see who else answers

rickr
02-15-2005, 10:46 AM
It's not a leak in my opinion. After 30,000 hands all pp's are profitable except 7's and 2's. I play pockets alittle differant. If raised to me, I first look at raisers stack. If he has me covered, or close, I'll look who's left to act. Half stacks you have to be concerned about a push. Very short stacks are great because they my reraise all-in, but who cares, (you do have to worry about the original raiser reraising here).
I've also been experimenting with raising first in with any pocket pair lately. Seems to be working well, but not enough hands to decide. Treat them like AK. Bet out on the flop. If you raised preflop and overcards fall, you can get a lot of middle pairs to fold out.

Later,
Rick