PDA

View Full Version : NBA ALL-TIME WORST PICKS 2/14

02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
God have I stunk lately. I cannot tell you how many games lately I would have won -- by a good margin -- if the game ended with 3 minutes left in the 4th. How many times can your team go in the toilet down the stretch (thanks Seattle)?

We get right back up for more torture tonight with the following:

1. Detroit -11 (Milwaukee)

Redd may miss this game again. And this isn't like playing Atlanta at home. Milwaukee has no inside game (Van Horn? ha!), and their outside game is hampered by Redd's injury, even if he plays. I think Milwaukee may be lucky to get to 75 points here and Detroit wins handily.

2. Phoenix -10 1/2 (Utah)

I'm not sure what there is to say about this one that hasn't already been said about any Phoenix home game against a sub-par opponent. Other than a win against a woeful Minnesota team, what has Utah done that leads you to believe they can stay within 20, let alone 10?

I have cleared these picks with Andrew B., who has called these the all-time greatest picks since "BC" changed to "AD".

YTD (posted) 54-46-1.

LLXC
02-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Both these picks coincide with the trend NoChance posted about another user (Any DIVISIONAL home favorite of 3.5 or more with REVENGE (lost a previous game to the opponent)).

02-14-2005, 05:50 PM
At this point, any little thing helps. Hell, had you told me this corresponds with the trend involving teams on the Monday after Ash Wednesday, I would be thrilled.

LLXC
02-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Sorry, Phoenix doesn't meet the trend. /images/graemlins/blush.gif That's Philedelphia, sorry. However, I'm with you on Phoenix and Detroit, and I also have Philedelphia.

Jibbs
02-14-2005, 06:16 PM
I was betting on your picks earlier and did quite well. For one reason or another didn't have a chance to get money on any in the last week and have missed most of the bad streak.

So if it makes you feel any better, if you are ever in KC I'll buy you the best steak you ever had.

And this would be a good time to get back up on the horse cuz I like that Phoenix pick.

02-14-2005, 06:25 PM
You're on. The way things are going, I'll be by looking for that dinner pretty soon, cause I won't have any money to feed my family.

02-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Adding Hornets +5 (Washington). I was on the fence with this one, but now I see that Arenas is probably not playing, which may be the difference. Don't like Washington on the road here without Arenas, even if NO does not have Nailon.

tech
02-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Streaks are part of the game. Just like in poker, you can't allow yourself to get too up during the good streaks or too down during the bad streaks.

Jibbs
02-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Lets turn it around tonight. I'd hate to see you have to make the 'family go hungry' vs 'internet connection' decision.

As far as the steak, just let me know. Your early picks already paid for it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

02-14-2005, 09:52 PM
good news, arenas is playing

yet NO up by 10 in the 2nd

the above statement is what we call a "jinx"

02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Is Niss back?

MIL 83
DET 107

WAS 96
NO 98

PHX making a move in the 3rd?

LLXC
02-15-2005, 12:51 AM
2-1. It's positive /images/graemlins/smile.gif

02-15-2005, 10:47 AM
The officiating in that Phoenix game in the 4th quarter was some of the worst I've seen against a home team, ever. And even with all of that, Stoudamire goes to the line up 9 with 9 second left. And of course he bricks one.

YTD (posted) 56-47-1.