PDA

View Full Version : All in here?

bigredlemon
02-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1460)
UTG (t2045)
Button (t355)
SB (t4140)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t200</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t800

With SB so shortstacked, I felt I couldn't push for the odd chance that one of them was slowplay a monster or call with a pair. I probably still have a lot of fold equity, though they both have me covered. If shorty is all in here, would it still be a call or push better?

Good/bad?

edit: I'm mainly thinking about <font color="red"> preflop </font>

slickterp
02-14-2005, 04:50 PM
fold. if the short stack is the one going all in, you call, can't just let him have it, but fold to the bigger stack.

Scuba Chuck
02-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Yuk. How about a 2xBB raise PF instead? Try and commit shorty to this hand.

curtains
02-16-2005, 05:05 AM
If shorty was allin id definitely just call.
In the game situation you do have a ton of Fold equity, but if you have a gun handy you should always fold, because if you get called and lose you will shoot yourself in the head, and is it really worth your life for this stupid AQo???

raptor517
02-16-2005, 05:08 AM
a lot of times instead of pushing and running into something, a SB big stack will limp bet any flop. the thing is, if he is SOLID at all he would push any 2 here because of the button having 355. however, after he completed, i would very likely just push. if hes trapping me with a monster, so be it, but i want to put myself in a position to win, and thats not a terrible way to go about it.

Merlyn22
02-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Fortune favors the bold - Push Pre-flop.

johnnybeef
02-16-2005, 06:14 AM
push, there are 5 hands that have you beat right now. i like those odds in a 4 handed game. plus there is a lot in the pot for you to pick up.

yellowjack
02-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Definite push. I put UTG on a delayed steal attempt (will autobet the flop when checked to), and SB is tagging along. You have to push here for these reasons:

1) You probably have the best hand PF and the pot would make a nice addition to your stack. Does UTG think you will try to steal his BB if he only calls? I doubt it, unless you've shown this tendency.

2) This acts like a 'warning' to UTG and SB to not try limping again, and you'll get to keep your BB more often. Of course in tougher games this is not the case, but generally it is.

ChrisV
02-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Push preflop. UTG has a mediocre hand that he couldn't bear to fold. He is most likely not going to screw around with a good hand with the button so short. SB only completed because of the pot odds and because he has a mountain of chips. Also because he knows you will both be reluctant to commit on the flop.