PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 6max, AQ, help me with a better line...

JudoGirl
02-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Here is my own critique of the hand:
1) 3-bet pf,
2) given that I didn't 3 bet pf, should I fold/call/raise the flop? UTG has an autobet here and calling gives me no information and leaves me in an unsure spot. folding probably better, but maybe a raise is best as I very well could have the best hand.
3) BET THE TURN! Why didn't I do that? My A probably stands up here or splits. On the other hand, if BB or UTG wants to cr, they'll be disappointed and surely bet on on river making it an easy fold unless an A or Q hits.

Any other analysis or insights as to how to play this? This is not an entirely uncommon situation so I'd like to get a decent standard line...thx...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

spydog
02-14-2005, 03:54 PM
You must 3-bet this preflop. Fold only against extremely tight raisers. The dynamic of the hand changes dramatically when you 3-bet preflop, so it is hard to comment on the other streets.