PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run

Guernica4000
02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I would like to hear the opinion of some of the better players on this site regarding the hit and run technique (Play a few hands and leave as soon as you’re up) on Party Poker's 5/10 or 10/20 tables.

It may be my imagination or maybe I play better playing fewer hands, but my winning percentage has increased incredibly by playing 1 or 2 rounds on a 10 person table.
Anyone out there do this? Is it just a short term thing? Is it possible to be a winning player doing this since no one can figure your play because you are not there long enough?
Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Guernica

Isura
02-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Although it is true that no one can pick up reads on you, it is also not possible for you to pick up any reads on your opponents. Maybe your opponents are quickly picking up your style and tendencies and exploiting them, but you are not doing the same to them. Or, it may be that you are at a limit where there are too many players more skilled than yourself?

housenuts
02-14-2005, 06:50 PM
this is not really a good strategy because poker is one big long continuous session.

the only way it would be good is if for some reason after 2 orbits your brain shuts down and you are no longer playing well.

what do you do when you lose money the first few orbits? do you hang in there trying to get it back? get hit and run

CrazyN8
02-15-2005, 02:03 AM
there is always "the next hour"....

emonrad87
02-15-2005, 02:07 AM
This theory is retarded. Yet someone posts about it EVERY day...