PDA

View Full Version : attacking the blind/needing help

nrinker
02-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Shillx
02-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Looking at the board on the flop and seeing how it is fairly drawless, you should be able to put the BB on a range of hands.

So when he calls the flop I'm thinking:

Ace, Ten, Maybe a 3, pocket pair, 4 to a broadway like QJ or KJ and that is about it.

If he has a A/T you are beat. When the K comes on the turn, you are now behind all broadway hands he could have called the flop with (KJ, QJ, KQ). I might check here and fold to a river bet. A bet is fine because you can safely fold to a check/raise. When he calls the turn I'm checking the river because I expect to lose if I get called and there is no way he is folding a A/K/T imo.

Brad

nrinker
02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
thanks, I feel like I always get in situations I don't like when attacking blinds. They always seem to fight hard pre-flop, just not used to it yet.

droolie
02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I play this the same way.

Betting the turn is hard but I think you have to do it because if you don't you lose this hand even if the board doesn't help villian. There's a very good chance he folds the turn after he checks to you so betting is fine here. When he calls you're pretty fairly screwed. Checking the turn shows you hate the board and practically gaurantees he'll bluff and you'll have to fold when he leads the river. This is a tough hand.

nrinker
02-14-2005, 03:50 PM
That's how I saw it to, If im not betting that turn he is leading that river and making me fold alot. I guess the pot was small and I could duck out?......

Just a minute ago another situation came up. Im BB it gets folded to button and he raises, Sb folds to me. I have ATo, whats your play?

DeathDonkey
02-14-2005, 03:55 PM
3 bet and lead the flop. I would probably do this with any Ace. This is all assuming the button is the type that could steal and isn't just some rock who has a hand and it happened to be folded to him on the button.

-DeathDonkey

droolie
02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's how I saw it to, If im not betting that turn he is leading that river and making me fold alot. I guess the pot was small and I could duck out?......

Just a minute ago another situation came up. Im BB it gets folded to button and he raises, Sb folds to me. I have ATo, whats your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your read on villian? If you think he's on a steal reraise.

Shillx
02-14-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 options:

1) Call. Check/raise any flop unless it contains an ace. Check/call any flop with an ace in it.

2) 3-bet preflop and fire at the flop.

Brad

nrinker
02-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

dkernler
02-14-2005, 04:53 PM
This looks good, but don't listen to me. I'm trying to learn not to fall in love with my pocket pairs. Being out of position sucks, too. I'm surprised there was no bet on the river.

What do you do if bet to in that situation?

droolie
02-14-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks good, but don't listen to me. I'm trying to learn not to fall in love with my pocket pairs. Being out of position sucks, too. I'm surprised there was no bet on the river.

What do you do if bet to in that situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

This river is either a bet/ fold or check/call.

dkernler
02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...Being out of position sucks, too. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense. I think I was mixing up my responses. I meant to reply to a different hand. Sorry about that.

I can't even claim drunkeness...