PDA

View Full Version : Regedit doesnt work for Party skins on my comp

vetman81
02-14-2005, 02:41 PM
So I followed the advice posted here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1360247&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) and I still cannot get the other skins installed on my PC. I already have Party, Empire, and PN, but for bonuses, datamining, etc. I was going to install the others. It still gives me the message saying that it detected I have an account, blah blah blah, and it wont let me sign up with the skin. Any suggestions, besides using a "clean" computer? I even uninstalled the other software and did the regedit, and still no luck. Thanks for the help.

Art Vandelay
02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
This issue came up in January sometime I want to say. Looks like Party had fixed the regedit thing. I had the same trouble signing up for a new account at Multipoker. As far as I know, a clean computer is the only option at this time.

BMan77
02-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I initially had this problem with PokerNow but I got it installed. I did 4 things.

1. Uninstall party
2. Delete the Party directory in Program Files
3. Remove the Calculator UCID key using regedit as detailed elsewhere.
4. (and I think this is the key part that's changed). Using regedit remove the HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->PartyPoker folder from the registry. Note: Just the PartyPoker folder, not the whole of HKEY_CURRENT_USER!!!

After that I signed up for Poker Now with no problems. Note, I also had Empire and Eurobet installed but I only needed to uninstall Party.

Hope that helps!

maurile
02-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I haven't tried this myself, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

1. Uninstall Party & the other skins you've got loaded right now.
2. Run CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/) to clean up your registry. (TweakNow RegCleaner (http://www.tweaknow.com/download.html) should also work, but I've found that CCleaner finds more registry items to delete. They are both free.)
3. Install the next skin.

CrazyN8
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I haven't had any problems either (knock on wood). I do both regedit things and also run Disk Cleanup. I think it is pretty much like some of the other programs mentioned but it is already on computers running windows.

I have another theory. How many people have static IP addresses and how many have dynamic. Everyone I know with a static IP address is having problems. I have a dynamic IP address and have had no problems.

Moyer
02-25-2005, 04:54 AM
I did a lot of things like this and it seemed to work because I was able to run Multipoker after having party & empire.

But now I'm trying to sign up for Intertops and it is IMPOSSIBLE.

I uninstalled party, empire, and multi. I deleated the UCID key, all of the party, empire, and multi folders in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder and in the program files folder.

I ran ad-aware, disk cleanup(thoroughly), disk defragmenter, and ccleaner.

After this stuff didn't work, I deleated intertops and everything associated with it and reinstalled.

Still doesn't work. They emailed me a new username & password but when I try to sign in with them, that damn window pops up again saying that I play on other sites.

Are there any other options(other than using another computer)??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

groo
02-25-2005, 01:27 PM
I posted this same question with the same situations yesterday and got no reply, so I'm guessing no one knows another way. I eventually dug an old computer out of the closet and signed up at Intertops with no problem other than creating a new e-mail address (30 seconds at yahoo). I tried about a dozen times before finally giving up. Intertops seems to be somewhat selective/inconsistant as to who has to jump through what hoops, as it seems some people have been able to sign up recently without so much trouble.

Good luck.........

wbrumfiel
02-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Exact same problem with intertops after having party, empire, and multi. Intertops just seemed to know I had another account somehow (my guess is IP). Since I dont have a "clean" computer and dont want to make one I just went over to my parents house to sign up and everything worked fine.

Moyer
02-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Yesterday I did log onto my intertops account, but it was the sports betting side, not intertops poker. I deposited 500 from neteller, thinking for some reason that it would help( /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ). So after about ten minutes I withrew it.

I finally gave up for good last night and went to sleep. Today I wake up and check neteller, haven't got my 500 back yet. Hopefully they're just a little slow?

Then, for sh*ts and giggles, I try to log into intertops poker one more time. Now it gives me a new, more scary message:

"Your account has been blocked. You would not be able to log on and play. If you believe you have received this in error, please contact our customer support."

Anyone else ever got this? I think I just tried to log on about three million times too many and it got pissed at me.

Hopefully I didn't screw myself too bad.