PDA

View Full Version : Cahoosion

Tommy Angelo
02-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't what else to call it, whatever it was those 2+2 boys did to me. It wasn't quite collusion, and they weren't quite in cahoots.

I oozed into the Mirage poker room at 2:00 AM. The $40-80 has a few seats open and I took one. My first hand was KQ in the BB. I called a raise and the flop came K-Q-x. The raiser had AK. We went one bet on the flop, six bets on the turn, and one bet on the river. Couple hands later I won another pot. Then I looked all the way to the other side of the room and I recognized some baseball caps and teeth from earlier, a few 2+2ers I'd just met in the afternoon. I walked over. They were playing $3-6 and there was 4K on the table. I lccked a seat. I went and quit the $40-80. I came back to the $3-6 and bought in for $40. After the blinds I added on $960. I didn't want to get caught short on the turn.

Almost every pot had some sort of blind raises and calls in it before the cards were dealt. I folded every blind and played every button and after a few dealers I hadn't dragged a pot yet and that's when they cahooted on me. They couldn't stand it that I kept folding my big blind to one raise so in good sportsmanship one of them started forcing me to see the flop by throwing three chips in front of me when it was my turn to fold the big blind. No one seemed to mind so here comes the flop: K-4-4, and I had J-4o. The betting went check check bet bet raise call check raise bet bet raise call call. Then came the turn card and it went the same way. It was that kind of game. Eventually it was over and I was really pissed because I had to show my hand for the first time all night. You dang cohooters you.

GREAT TIME GUYS!!

Tommy

Yeti
02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
"The betting went check check bet bet raise call check raise bet bet raise call call."

Pardon?

AviD
02-14-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
six bets on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy is that you? Someone hijacked Tommy's 2+2 account!!!

slavic
02-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I came back to the $3-6 and bought in for $40.

Is this a 1/3 or 2/3 chip structure?

Also what structure did you build when you bought in for a dime?

Are re-re-stradles live?

Is this game loose? How big a bankroll would you bring to play the 3/6? Is this in the high limit section? Did you see anyone famous?

Nice story /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CanKid
02-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Mike L.

sourbeaver
02-14-2005, 05:32 PM
The perspective on that cube of yours keeps changing, HELP !

M2d
02-14-2005, 05:43 PM
to those that know him, Tommy is famous

Turning Stone Pro
02-14-2005, 07:04 PM
And I thought my life was lame.

TSP

AviD
02-14-2005, 07:26 PM
LOL you love lining yourself up don't ya! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stabn
02-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Mason and Ed played a while too, but i doubt they were still playing when Tommy sat. I'd flown out a long time before as well.

As far as re-straddles, i believe they are, but while i was playing we never had the problem of a re-straddle not being raised so it didn't really matter...

Also, the blinds are 1/3 in the mirage 3/6.

gonores
02-14-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They couldn't stand it that I kept folding my big blind to one raise so in good sportsmanship one of them started forcing me to see the flop by throwing three chips in front of me when it was my turn to fold the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have given you six....and then another six after I 4bet you.

Clarkmeister
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
" I recognized some baseball caps and teeth from earlier"

Classic.

Justin A
02-14-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mason and Ed played a while too, but i doubt they were still playing when Tommy sat. I'd flown out a long time before as well.

As far as re-straddles, i believe they are, but while i was playing we never had the problem of a re-straddle not being raised so it didn't really matter...

Also, the blinds are 1/3 in the mirage 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't the same game that Tommy ended up playing in. We joined a random 3/6 table at like 2:00 am, and busted out most of the players there while playing every single hand. It'll be in a trip report eventually, but we don't get back until late Tuesday night.

Justin A
02-14-2005, 09:46 PM
At one point we made Tommy show down his hand, because he was third to act on the river, and we checked through on purpose, and me and NLSoiler mucked our hands immediately so Tommy had to show his AJ and lost the information war. Unfortunately GoT ruined the fun and turned over the hand he hadn't looked at yet and dragged the pot with some dumb small pair against Tommy's Ace high.

stabn
02-14-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

We joined a random 3/6 table at like 2:00 am, and busted out most of the players there while playing every single hand. It'll be in a trip report eventually, but we don't get back until late Tuesday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smooth. Obviously i should have said [censored] work on monday and stayed longer.

VeryTnA
02-14-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We joined a random 3/6 table at like 2:00 am, and busted out most of the players there while playing every single hand. It'll be in a trip report eventually, but we don't get back until late Tuesday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to hear more about this part: "busted out most of the players there while playing every single hand"

Can you give some more details?

stabn
02-14-2005, 10:12 PM
He said:

[ QUOTE ]

It'll be in a trip report eventually, but we don't get back until late Tuesday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

NLSoldier
02-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Top Ten Crimes Tommy Angelo committed last night:

10: Playing every single buttton.

9: Attempting to fold every single blind.

8: Showing down about 2 hands in about 4 hrs.

7. Cold-call-re-reraising the limp-reraiser (That was
sick). He then proceeded to fold for one bet postflop.

6. Showing down A high, third to act on the river after Justin and I mucked our hands having never looked at them
because we wanted Tommy to have to show. (Only to have GoT wake up with a pair and take the pot).

5. Straddling voluntarily (with his own chips).

4. Straddling involuntarily (with Me/Justin/Got's chips).

3. Defending his big blind with J4o (with my chips).

2. Accepting chips passed at the table.

1. Raising the turn and folding to GoT's river bet despite the fact that GoT and Justin A were the only 2 players left in the hand and neither had looked at their cards!

NLSoldier
02-14-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He said:

[ QUOTE ]

It'll be in a trip report eventually, but we don't get back until late Tuesday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zeno
02-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Sizzling play. Fun post. Capricious cohorts are bothersome.

[ QUOTE ]
I oozed into the Mirage poker room at 2:00 AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this better than oozing out of the Mirage poker room at 2:00 AM? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Zeno

PokerBabe(aka)
02-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Gosh, if only the Babe could stay up past 9pm to actually play in one of these games /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Instead, I made a quick jet OUT of the room at 1:30 pm as Tommy was oozing into my 20-40 game. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, GOT looks like a 14 y.o. elf sitting on a MOUNTAIN of chips. Adorable.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

nolanfan34
02-15-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the best description of him yet. An elf on a pile of chips. Well, an Asian elf.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-15-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

andyfox
02-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Nice hand.

slavic
02-15-2005, 01:21 PM

Keibler or Tolkien?

BarronVangorToth
02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Keibler or Tolkien?

[/ QUOTE ]

Elf (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800019430&cf=pg&photoid=499143&intl= us)

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangortoth.com (http://www.BarronVangortoth.com)

stabn
02-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Uhhh no. Probably keebler.

BarronVangorToth
02-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Keibler? (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/babeoftheyear/index.jsp)

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

slavic
02-16-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Keibler? (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/babeoftheyear/index.jsp)

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen GoT, and that looks nothing like GoT. I have not seen the Poker Babe. That may look like the poker babe, but I'm a married man and do not think of such things.

The Dude
02-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Tommy,

It was great to meet you. Thanks for coming down. The funnest games I've played in awhile were on this trip, and hanging out with you and Clark and Andy wasn't bad either.

andyfox
02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Good seeing you again, Dude. You're a helluva player and a helluva guy. Enjoyed it immensely.

Best regards,
Andy

andyfox
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Nice seeing you, Babe. Enjoy your vacation.

Regards,
Andy

The Dude
02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Andy, great seeing you again. How do we keep managing to meet up without settling the score on that beer I owe you?

GuyOnTilt
02-16-2005, 11:01 PM

A couple of the regulars in the Mirage 40/80 were taking turns guessing my age one day. The bidding started at 23. Probably more of a courtesy opener than a real guess though I suppose... But yeah, I glanced around the room for you a couple times in the next couple days, but never did see you again. Hope to be able to talk to you more than just a couple seconds next time.

GoT

andyfox
02-17-2005, 01:24 AM
You're beating me like a drum, it must be more than one beer by now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Dude
02-17-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it must be more than one beer by now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I will say this: at whatever time you choose to take me up on this offer, I will buy you as many beers as you would like on any single occaision - and I won't leave you to drink alone.

I also invite anybody to make me the same offer. /images/graemlins/grin.gif