PDA

View Full Version : playing little cards

08-31-2002, 03:20 PM
I have heard from many people that playing little card is profitable because 3 or 4 people that play big cards against me playing little cards seems like IF I FLOP 2 PAIR I WILL PUNISH HANDS LIKE AK. aNY THOUGHTS WOULD BE HELPFUL

08-31-2002, 05:20 PM
YES! this is a brilliant strategy, especially when the low cards are unsuited and unconnected -- when you make your hand, no one will know it! congratulations on figuring this all out.

08-31-2002, 06:03 PM
yes - i think you may have hit on a new strategy

but what if you play 94o and flop 942r?

what if the turn is 7r and the river is 5r?

won't you be pissed when you are beaten by my conventional 63s?

if you can keep from tilting after that bad beat you will have made it, imo

08-31-2002, 06:21 PM
if you can keep from tilting after that bad beat you will have made it

What happens if he goes on tilt? Does he start playing AQs?

MS Sunshine

08-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Hey...I've never been shy about being unconventional and going against the "experts"... so I might as well do it again.

In general, I think this is a deadly strategy. However...I do think there are games where this can work...but not lots of them. If you're in a no-limit game with passive players, I like it. If you get the flop, hurt 'em. If you don't, bail out. If they're aggressive and likely to raise you pre-flop, you're dead, but if they're gonna just call with AK, take a chance. Even then, only good connectors (preferably suited), not 72o.

ok...let the rocks fly. I'm ready to duck.

If I don't get hit, wait until I give you my mathematical proof that playing two games at the same time actually speeds up the play of both games!

08-31-2002, 07:22 PM
"wait until I give you my mathematical proof that playing two games at the same time actually speeds up the play of both games"

eagerly awaited.

MS Sunshine

08-31-2002, 08:57 PM
hmmm

so you mean there may be truth in the old adage:

"he who muses of playing AQ

will do well by playing 72" ?

09-01-2002, 06:27 AM
You are talking about suited connectors, with or without one gap. They are often playable in loose and tight games, but in trouble between those two. Actually those are Steve Badger's words about A4(s) at Omaha-8, that is very much the same, the reason being that you don't need the nuts in tight (limit) games; good A4 hands (Omaha-8) are perfectly good in many situations; while the same may not be as true about suited connectors, they still are good enough, as deception also is +EV, and the more important thing is that so many players will bet two overcards on the flop and turn, and any pair will then beat them. Vs. e.g. Late open-raise, you probably better fold 65s, as it loses to more pocket pairs and kickers, but T8s, 98s should be good enough, with or without a reraise. It might not be something you do every time (most won't) e.g. in that situation, but holdem truly is a game where one completely misses the flop with two big cards about 50% of the time, and pairs only 1/3 the time. While it's pretty easy for the opponent to see that there are no big cards on the board, and know e.g. how one's opponent plays two overcards in those situations.