PDA

View Full Version : vulnerable hand multiway

gomberg
02-14-2005, 12:37 PM
5-10 online. I post in the CO 8-handed. I have about 2k. I have 5To. 3 limpers to me, I check, button calls, sb completes, BB checks. 7 people to the flop!

5dTdQs. blinds check, UTG ($1600) bets out $50. folded to MP who raises all-in for about $150 more. folded to me.

Your move and plan?

Reads - UTG most likely has a hand with a Q, could be a set (not too likely as he would usually raise early with AA-TT, AK, AQ. Could also have a draw. Is very laggy. I've seen him push in with big overbets for a 3rd raise on flops with a draw, but all-in player might slow him down.

All-in player is typical crappy short stack player, probably has a Q or a draw, good chance I'm ahead of him.

AZK
02-14-2005, 01:12 PM
2 ways to do it, I'd either make it something like 400 to go hoping he'll fold and I can just play the pot with the short stack. Or I'd call, and try and move him off his hand on the turn assuming it's brick. There's a lot out there so I think reraising is a better play. If he calls my raise or pushes I'm probably shutting down.

It's bottom 2, so any hand he has will potentially have a sick amount of redraws to beat you.

gomberg
02-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Good advice. I decided to flat call because I didn't want to give the LAG a chance to push in overbet with a draw. I figured if I flat call, then he won't reraise me with a draw, while if I reraise, he might push and I wouldn't know what to do. Not sure if this makes sense or not.

Anyway, LAG thinks for a bit and calls as well. The turn is an offsuit ace and he checks. I check here as well and decide to fold the river if bet into (that ace sucked for two pair, KJ, etc.). The river bricks and he checks and I check behind.

LAG flips QdJd and had a monster draw against me, all-in player flips QJo and MHIG. I think I played this like a pussy, but was really afraid of a check-raise on the turn that I'd have to fold. Just felt that the dry side-pot took away the LAGs bluffing equity and decided to keep it that way w/ my crappy 2-pair.

fsuplayer
02-14-2005, 04:33 PM
seems good to me, i would want to play a big pot on that board w/ bottom two either.