PDA

View Full Version : Two late stealing hands.

Hawkeye27
02-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Trying to increase my aggression late in tourneys and posting questionable "steal" hands. Here are two that I previously would have folded.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t775)
SB (t780)
BB (t3220)
UTG (t1100)
MP (t1145)
Hero (t980)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folded to me.

Dont want a confrontation with the big stack and my position is pretty good right now. Anyone go for it here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t3350)
BB (t1060)
Hero (t1680)
Button (t1910)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I think this one is close. Its bubble time, the blinds are high and the BB and I are the small stacks. The big stacks in between should fold but it seems these guys are all too ready to call with middle pairs and hands like A/10. This has made me weary of pushing with K high in the past.

jcm4ccc
02-14-2005, 11:48 AM
A4 is a terrible stealing hand in the CO position. With 3 people left to bet, there is a 34% chance that one of these people has an A5 or higher, or a pocket pair 55 or higher. Of course that doesn't mean that you would get called, but if you do, you are liable to be in a very bad position. The blinds are not big enough to justify the risk.

I don't like the second one either. You are trying to steal the blinds through three people, which greatly increases your chances of getting called (which would make the other players very happy). Better to raise from the SB with nothing than the UTG with KJo.

ChrisV
02-14-2005, 09:06 PM
(1) No way.

(2) Yep, allin. KJ is a pretty solid hand and you must put pressure on the BB. Button should be very reluctant to call you given his stack. If SB calls that's just too bad.