PDA

View Full Version : I SUCK EGGS !!

08-30-2002, 11:52 PM
deltapoker heads-up championship:

cost to enter---> $33

Granny's investments in $5 sattelites thus far----> $45

total number of seats won-----> 0

I started playing in the sattelites because there is no fee, so i was trying to beat the $3 to buy the seat outright.. now i'm just stubborn, and wanna win one..

is this stupid?? do i just buy one??

makes my seat cost $78 if i admit NOW that i am the worst player on the planet, and just go ahead and buy a seat..

BUTTT, i could win the next one & it is only $5.

I wanted to own 2 seats by now, but i am stuck $45 and have no seat.. do i buy 2 now, or just go with my chances on one?? first is $750 or $800, and 2nd is $400 or more, so i want both seats (you can win first & second)

i realize that 99.99% are saying at this point "we don't give a shit what you do, you old bag, stop posting. we are sick of ya. you bore us and make us Puke when we see your name".. but if anyone has a shred of kindness in them, they will help me think this out.. i want to know what the best strategy is at this point from an EV standpoint, or strategy standpoint..

please advise.. i know my EV for the tourney is probably 0, however, i am determined to play. i have no clue if it is the right move to keep playing sattelites, or to stop and buy 2 seats.. total payout for 1st & 2nd is $1200, and there are only 64 players, so i wanna play..

any suggestions??

(non-cyanide or other non-self mutilating answers will be given higher consideration)

08-31-2002, 08:47 AM
if you decided to play sets of 7 sats, whatever happened, at a cost of $35 per set, if you are an average player you would win at least one satellite in seven played just over half the time

(52%)

if you are in the top quarter of talent at the sat tables you will win at least one sat in three at a cost of $15 with a 58% chance, or at least one in six at a cost of $30 with an 82% chance

if you buy a seat in the big one it will cost you $33 and you will "win" a seat 100% of the time

in your case, my dear ol' gran, i have one word of advice

buy

08-31-2002, 09:24 AM
I think you forgot to read the fine print on the entry form. Pay your $33 a seat, since this only reserves them. You can still play the satellites to get in for $5, and if you win one, you get your $33 back. That way, you're guaranteed the seat, but can still win the sat and get in cheaper.

It makes sense to keep trying the sats (I haven't won one yet either...but I think I've only played 2), and since most of them have had only about 7-8 entries instead of 10, the chances of winning the seat are even better than Mike calculated. With 8 entries per satellite, you now have exceeded expectations for winning the first one, so congratulations. Exceeding expectations is something you can be proud of.

As for the chances of winning the tourney, who knows? The way I see it, my chances of beating one person are better than the chances of beating 9.

And next time...if you don't plan on winning the satellite, don't suck out quad 6's to take down my full house like you did last night. You put a serious cramp in my style with that hand. I think you must've known what cards were coming. Oh no wait...that's on a different site. :-)

08-31-2002, 03:39 PM
rofl.. sorry jugg, but i DID know that 6 was coming.. Granny prayed hard, and God Answered (Puke)

BUTTT, they did know 6 sites over that you were full juggy, cuz you have not capped it in 4 years.. Granny figured here only out was the last 6.. was sweet, huh??

and mike--->> TY for the serious answer.. that is exactly what i figured..

ok, you can now all carry on, my problems are solved and i need you no more. go away