PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

IMTheWalrus8
02-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Thought I'd post some hands. I am having problems lately ...

HAND #1:
Party 10+1, eight left, BB T50.

Hero is CO w/ T585, w/AdKd

LAG w/1125 to my immediate left bets 175

(No read on SB, who has T560, but BB is serious LAG and has 1493)

Hero ...

HAND #2:

Three left, BB T300. Lots of steals preflop.

Button - T5100
SB - 950
Hero is BB, T1950 w/ AcKd

Button raises to 600
SB folds.
Hero ...

HAND #3:

Four left. BB T300

UG - 1700
Button - 2765
SB - 1495
Hero - 2040

UG calls, two folds, Hero has 4c 5s and checks

Flop comes: 9h, 4c, Ac

Hero checks, UG checks.

Turn comes: Ts

Hero ... (should I try to steal here?)

ChrisV
02-14-2005, 10:04 AM
(1) Allin. Please don't post bad beat stories /images/graemlins/wink.gif
(2) Allin.
(3) No, you should check. That ten was not a blank, a ten is a frequently played card, plus there are plenty of draws down now. Also UTG has behaved very curiously this hand. Firstly he limped UTG for 300 with a stack of 1700, which is bizarre but not unheard of. Secondly he checked behind on a flop which screams "STEAL ME!". Either he is incredibly passive, in which case if you are winning you may well get to take down a checked down pot anyway, OR he is concealing some kind of monster and you're drawing dead or close to dead.

General lesson: Be careful "stealing" versus opponents who look passive if you have a hand that might be winning anyway.

On the other hand, there's a very convincing argument for the steal. With a four of clubs in your hand and another one on the table, you can move in and take it down if he folds, while if he calls you can table the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and declare a misdeal /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IMTheWalrus8
02-14-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(2) Allin.
(3) No, you should check. That ten was not a blank, a ten is a frequently played card, plus there are plenty of draws down now. Also UTG has behaved very curiously this hand. Firstly he limped UTG for 300 with a stack of 1700, which is bizarre but not unheard of. Secondly he checked behind on a flop which screams "STEAL ME!". Either he is incredibly passive, in which case if you are winning you may well get to take down a checked down pot anyway, OR he is concealing some kind of monster and you're drawing dead or close to dead.

General lesson: Be careful "stealing" versus opponents who look passive if you have a hand that might be winning anyway.

On the other hand, there's a very convincing argument for the steal. With a four of clubs in your hand and another one on the table, you can move in and take it down if he folds, while if he calls you can table the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and declare a misdeal /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info on that last hand. I played the first two correctly, but am making mistakes on hands like the last one. I did try to bluff and finished OTM.

Bigwig
02-14-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(2) Allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second all this above typed business.