PDA

View Full Version : AA on .50/1.00 NL Did I play it ok ?

theredpill5
02-14-2005, 08:34 AM
.50 /1.00 NL . I don't play it too often but the game looked loose so I played it.

Got AA in the SB

MP raised to $3.50
LP called

I raised All-in for $75

Both fold.

I'm kind of pissed now because I went 1 1/2 hours on that table without getting anything and ended up in the hole $20 when I was up $35 .

I picked up about $10 on the play but was that a dumb move. I figured one of them had a really good hand since they weren't raising very often. I was actually surprised to see them fold. One had $60 the other had $100.

theredpill5
02-14-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't think I'm ready for .50/1.00 NL . It could be that I was getting no cards and they were getting all the good cards or it could be that I was being bluffed to death. I don't know. I never called on the river with Ace high or King high though because I figured the other guy at least paired something.

Bob Moss
02-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Hi redpill, don't sweat it. That's a fine play against many opponents at these stakes. Whether it was the best play here is a matter of debate. If either of these guys were loose and gambly then it's definitely a good play. If they were average players for these stakes, it's still probably fine. Better luck next time.

Bob

ryanghall
02-14-2005, 08:53 AM
I would have probably made it $12.

The "move of honor" doesn't work as well in most cases at this level.

Ryan

theredpill5
02-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I sat there for 2 hours I think and I didn't pair the board at all nor did I get any good hands to actually play. Oh yeah , I did get one good to play and someone raised preflop and it turned out he had K K and I lost about $20 on the play. Then I went on another site and same thing. I was up $180 or so and dropped $50 in the last hour. Crazy game.

theredpill5
02-14-2005, 09:04 AM
you think someone folded QQ or K K ? That's messed up and it pisses me off.

37offsuit
02-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Probably folded AK, AQ or a mid pocket. Your raise screams I HAVE A BIG POCKET PAIR, PROBABLY ACES, BUT MAYBE JUST KINGS.

kurto
02-14-2005, 12:00 PM
"I figured one of them had a really good hand since they weren't raising very often." he raised 3.5xbb. That's a standard raise. I don't know that you can necessarily read that as a 'really good hand.'

Look at the pattern here though... someone raises it 3.5xbb... you raise it to 75x bb - Unless you're a bluffing maniac, they should know exactly what you have. And therefore, its an easy fold on their part.

If you knew the guy was kind of tight (not raising that much), then you should also know that when you raise someone over 20x there bet, a tight player's gonna know he's beat and be able to lay it down.

again... if it was all maniacs, then your play was fine. But I wouldn't expect most people to call this raise of yours.

I would suggest a reraise to $10 or so.