PDA

View Full Version : KK and river bet

Interested
02-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Hello, I have a problem with a river bet. For now there are situations where I'm not sure is it correct to bet or it isn't. So here is one situation.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

River: (14.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

So was it an error to check the river. Any other comments?

Feel free to give any reply.

Bob Moss
02-14-2005, 08:17 AM
So, what do you do if someone bets the river? I suppose you'd have to fold? I don't know, certainly this would not be a good spot for anyone to bluff, with 4 opponents, one of whom has been betting the whole way, but these fishies don't know that, so maybe someone will bet and get called by a J, you fold, and the J wins? No good. I think you have to bet the river, and definitely FOLD to a raise, if this table is as passive as it appears. No one would ever bluff-raise here right? Yes, bet to stop the bluff, but also for value because who knows what you'll get called down by. In fact probably a single pair of aces will only call too.

Bob

djshawk
02-14-2005, 08:22 AM
check-call

TwoShedsJackson
02-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Bet, call one back to you, fold to a three bet.

Mister Z
02-14-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet, call one back to you, fold to a three bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll most likely only get called by an AX so bet here.

sy_or_bust
02-14-2005, 10:35 AM
This is a good spot to bet/fold. You may have odds to call a single raise, depending on the action.

gvibes
02-14-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that you are really giving the fishies and calling stations way too much credit. They are just as likely to turn over a jack or a nine as an ace.

Also, I've been folding a couple marginal hands on the river to raises, and having complete garbage turned over (K-high bluffs and the like), so I likely call a raise back. One hand, I bet out with second pair or something, raised after me, another calls two cold, I fold, and the raiser WINS with K high. The cold-caller had J high.

aron
02-14-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? If he'll only get called by a hand who beats his, why should he bet?

Do I miss something?

-aron