PDA

View Full Version : Raising Turn HU against LAG

spydog
02-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Opponent is slightly loose and aggressive. His completion from the SB is super-strength or a medicore holding.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

imitation
02-14-2005, 08:26 AM
I like it, some LAGs will call HU with A-high here on the river so it may be a bet for value, if they fold I also get to NOT showdown this hand, which imo is good for table image. Wether this metagame consideration makes this a bet on the end i'm not sure.

Generally i'm happy to check it down though.

I'm interested to know what turns will you raise/call/fold?

Lets through out some hyptotheticals.

1. 2c
2. 2h
3. As
4. Ah
5. Kx
6. Qx
7. Tx
8. 6x

spydog
02-14-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm interested to know what turns will you raise/call/fold?

Lets through out some hyptotheticals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was prepared to raise any turn card and fold to a 3-bet if the turn card didn't help me. My hand was vulnerable, yet showdownable against this player, and I wanted him to throw away overcards or 2/3 pair.

SparkyDog
02-14-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm not real crazy about the turn raise without the OESD. You're only getting 1.5-1 by raising this turn, and if you do it with only 5 outs that's pretty expensive.

this flop hits a lot of mediocre holdings, and after he calls the turn I'd get nervous about my hand, which is why I don't really like it without another draw.