PDA

View Full Version : Interesting way to screw Paradise Poker

08-30-2002, 06:23 PM
Here is a little interesting information. Every time you do a search for Paradise Poker on Yahoo and you click on Paradise, (top search in most cases), it cost them a whopping $16.00!!! Every time you go back and hit it it's another $16.00. This blew my mind, I thought it was much cheaper to advertise than that. This is 100% fact, and anyone who is just a little mad at them for any reason can cost them thousands over a period of time. They are paying alot of $$ for those leads, we must be very valuable assets.

Am I the only one who is shocked at how much they are paying for semi-warm leads?

BTW oth poker sites pay alot also, but paradise pays the most.

08-30-2002, 07:19 PM
How do you know how much it's costing them? - Tony

08-30-2002, 07:29 PM
go to www.overture.com (http://www.overture.com)

hit advertiser center

then hit tools on top of screen

then hit view bid tools

then type in "online poker"

thats all, you will see their "bid" for the spot.

08-30-2002, 07:29 PM
I will go right away for 600-800 trys. Hehe....

08-30-2002, 07:59 PM
I have worked in this space before.

I don't believe if you keep hitting it over and over it will be $16.

If you closed your browser between each time it may.

They will assign a cookie to your machine after you click it, so they'll know if you just did it a minute ago.

But I fully believe they pay $16.

This shows how valuable a client is.

And if you don't fully believe me, i almost worked for one of overtures main competitors doing this exact type of analysis.

But don't believe me, i really don't care /images/smile.gif

i'm off to cost them $16 once cause i can.

08-30-2002, 08:58 PM
here's a copy of a post i made a couple of weeks ago called "cookies":

i just changed to windows xp so i've been tweaking bits and bobs to suit me

one of the things i had forgotten to do until a few minutes ago was to set the computer to ask me whether or not i want visited sites' cookies to be accepted or rejected

obviously, when i came into twoplustwo i received a prompt to accept or reject twoplustwo's cookie - of course i accepted it

then when i clicked to read someone's post i received the message: "privacy alert - the website www.paradisepoker.com (http://www.paradisepoker.com) has requested to save a file on your computer called a "cookie" - the file may be used to track usage information"

presumably this attempted implant was embedded in one of pp's adverts, and it would have let them know i had visited that page

a few seconds later i received the same prompt about www.bluestreak.com (http://www.bluestreak.com)

i play at pp sometimes so i will probably have to accept their cookie to be able to play when i visit their site, but some of you guys who don't play there might not like having their or other sites' cookies added into your computer, potentially tracking your movements

if you want to receive prompts, this is what you have to do:

click on tools at top of your computer

click on internet options

click on privacy

click on advanced

check "override automatic cookie handling"

check "first party cookies - prompt"

check "third party cookies - prompt"

click ok

click apply

click ok

that's it done - when you receive the prompts you can either accept or reject the cookies - obviously you should accept msn.com cookies but reject shite-advertising-tracker.com

08-30-2002, 09:52 PM
No way they pay 16.00 per click. Maybe 16.00 a day but not 16.00 a click..

08-30-2002, 10:04 PM

08-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Why not eliminate the attached cookies?

Tools

Internet Options

Delete Cookies

08-30-2002, 10:42 PM
because he realizes that there is no freakin way that paradise pays $16.00 everytime someone clicks on their site through a search result.

think about it.. granted paradise is a big company, but what about the small companies that are in these search engines.. do you think they could afford such a ridiculous fee? the mere supposition that a single click can cost a company $16.00 is ridiculous.

08-30-2002, 10:44 PM

08-31-2002, 12:27 AM
play you in poker, any game, any limit, anywhere

08-31-2002, 01:56 AM
Oh wow. Could that be per session/day/computer? It seems outrageous that that's "per click" in the literal sense.

On another topic, why would you want to purposely screw Paradise Poker? Their customer service, software, etc, in my opinion is one of the best in the online poker industry.

- Tony

08-31-2002, 02:38 PM