PDA

View Full Version : Is this a standard raise?

beachbum
02-14-2005, 04:09 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

<font color="green"> UTG+1 is very loose, somewhat passive. BB is a fairly decent player. </font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="green"> I'll probably raise this hand in this situation maybe 60% of the time. However this was one of the times I didn't. I personally like to raise here to isolate with 2 broadway cards instead of Ax or Axs. However, at least my x here is an 8. Also, I like to mix my play preflop a bit and not unimaginatively do the same thing every time.

Should this a preflop raise more than 60% of the time with these conditions?
</font>

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

<font color="green"> I obviously like the flop but I wanted overcalls to give me odds to chase the flush. I don't necessarily like to raise here to isolate an opponent on this flop, drawing to the nut flush. I know the arguments for a raise (getting a free card, cleaning up the 3 Ace outs, pot equity, possibly taking the pot right there). But, I felt I'd get a free card maybe 50% of the time.

This is a hand I'll raise maybe a bit less than half the time. Should it be more often? Again, I was just mixing up my game a bit.
</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

captZEEbo1
02-14-2005, 04:15 AM
Raising pf is good. Since you didn't, you might be best off just calling flop to try to lure sb and bb in, since the pot is so small.

bakku
02-14-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is very loose, somewhat passive. BB is a fairly decent player.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should this a preflop raise more than 60% of the time with these conditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

With these conditions I'd raise 100% of the time.

Grease
02-14-2005, 02:21 PM
I would raise PF, but since you didn't, I think you should definitely raise the flop. Try to win the pot without hitting your hand. If you raise the flop, UTG+1 very well might give up on a small pot and fold the turn. You have the nut flush draw, a backdoor straight draw, and an over. Despite the size of the pot, I'm raising this here.