PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't sure how to play this hand postflop. Need some comments

Baseballer02
02-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Dead
02-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Raise the flop.

Raise the turn.

Raise the river.

The turn brought one of your money cards. You have a straight now. Calling the turn and river is too passive.

Nice hand.

moose47
02-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Pre-flop and flop look fine.
I would raise the turn and the river. On the turn you are only behind AJ or a made flush. As far as SB is concerned, the check-raise would seem to eliminate either of those possibilities as its hard to imagine which two clubs he could hold and still check-raise that flop. Looks more like two-pair or a set of fours...

reubenf
02-14-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.

Raise the turn.

Raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redd
02-14-2005, 02:38 AM
First, I'd raise the flop, hoping for a free card (and for a little bit of value). Turn gets a little more complicated because SB could have been pumping his flush. Even so, theres many more non-flush hands SB will play this way, so you gotta at least raise that turn.

If he backs off, lead the riv. If he 3-bets, I'd probably back off and call it down - he obviously isn't afraid of the very scary card. But I don't think I'm experienced enough to give complete hand-diagnoses yet, so lets see what some of the better players think.

Redd

Dead
02-14-2005, 02:39 AM
That sounds fine to me.

Womble
02-14-2005, 06:24 AM
I may have raised the flop but dont know /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Raise the turn, you cant decide whether SB has a flush until you see his reaction.

Dead
02-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Raise the flop for value, with 7 people in.

Shillx
02-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I would raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. Your hand is as good as it's going to get (and it can get much worse), and I don't mind getting my money in now because I have no outs if behind. If I'm ahead, I will get the most value from it on this street rather then the river. Anyone with a big /images/graemlins/club.gif will hang around and call bets now that they won't call on the river should they miss. Anyone with a lone jack might hang around to spike a straight. 2-pair and set hands will hang in there now but might drop off should a scary card fall on the river (like an ace).

Brad

tytygoodnuts
02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
You would honestly fold to a 3-bet on the turn? I don't agree with this play. How competent do you think the average player at .5/1 is? Personally, I could see a wild player 3-beting the turn with two-pair or a set. Don't you think he was representing two pair or a set on the flop /images/graemlins/confused.gif A strong percentage of the time you will be ahead in this situation which justifies calling it down for two bets. That's just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Dead
02-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I agree with the above poster. If 3bet why not just call it down. You have the 2nd best straight here, and SB could have something worse like a set.