PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

suited_ace
02-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Just placed 5th at the $3000 guaranteed at UB. I had only one adjustment to make in my game: lower my ego and stop bluffing so much. I did that and the result came.

I almost didn't hit any cards for the first 3h. I really struggled to get in the money, and then I chose my spots perfectly to go all-in. When we were down to 25 players I was the chip leader.

I did 2 stupid mistakes that cost me my lead, but I think they were the only errors I did in about 5h of play.

I want to thank all of you guys that helped me so much in these few weeks I've been in the forum. I'm really thankful for all the help you gave me.

Che
02-14-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I did 2 stupid mistakes that cost me my lead, but I think they were the only errors I did in about 5h of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 2 stupid mistakes in 5 hours is awesome. For example, if Luckbox only made 2 stupid mistakes every 5 hours, he would win every tournament he entered. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But, since the original purpose of this post was *not* to poke fun at MLG, let me get back on track...

Congratulations, suited_ace!

Che

Chief911
02-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Cograts suited. Awesme to see you doing well!

Nick

ZBTHorton
02-14-2005, 04:12 AM
I think I was the one who responded to your post a few days ago about bluffing.

Glad my advice worked out for ya, now if only it did that for me... =)

suited_ace
02-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Yeah, it was you. I went through my HHs and saw that I was destroying my chances with reckless play. Yesterday I spent the day going through it all and taking notes.

I set a gameplan *before* starting to play, and that helped me a lot. I did the same thing for each hand, thinking about a gameplan for every hand before I started to play it. It's way easier to have some time to think about the range of hands your opponents might hold when you know what you want to do against each one of them.

I hope tomorrow I'll be able to play as well as I did today...

Again, thanks for all the help.