PDA

View Full Version : Here's one for you MTT experts...

skoal2k4
02-14-2005, 01:11 AM
How do you play when you're card dead... I don't mean a little card dead, I mean you get nothing but K2, 94, Q3, etc. the whole tournament long. How do you play that?

Che
02-14-2005, 01:34 AM
skoal-

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play when you're card dead

[/ QUOTE ]

Step 1. Steal and/or resteal occasionally until your stack falls below 9BB (or wherever you think the all-in/fold threshold lies) at which point you move to Step 2.

Step 2. Push any hand/situation that you choose to play. If your stack grows above the all-in/fold line again (thru opponents' folding to your pushes or thru sucking out when called), return to Step 1. If you push and are unable to suck out, go to Step 3.

Step 3. Play another tournament.

Seriously,
Che

sloth469
02-14-2005, 01:36 AM
You make your own luck. Bet 5BBs preflop get a call or 2 push the flop. Sure it is super aggressive, but desperate times.

You could also try limping here and there, never can tell when the flop is going to hit you hard.

Patience is obviously the best option, but sometimes you just want to play. So play.

(This post is being made in the middle of a drunk tilt session: right now I'd call an all-in the first hand of the WSOP w/ AKs)

-sloth

woodguy
02-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Try this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1478909&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Regards,
Woodguy