PDA

View Full Version : Tough Laydown?

MeanGreenTT
02-14-2005, 12:39 AM
I may have found a new card room but that's a whole other post /images/graemlins/smile.gif

$45 buy-in, T1000 to start, 100 players, blinds start at 10/15 with 20 minute rounds, live play. Stacks are relatively equal with a few better than average. Blinds are now at 25/50 and seems like solid, tight play with little bluffing, full table. Been keeping a keen eye on showdowns, players, etc /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm in MP with AKs, 1 early limper then a raise to T200. I think for a bit and call, deciding to see a Flop. Folds to button who pushes without hesitation for T900. Folds to original raiser who who calls pretty quickly. Then it's back to me /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now I know most, if not all of you, chuck this hand faster than a blink of an eye but I had to think for a bit /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I figured the original raiser for a nice pair as he's not been splashing around much and when he did, he raised. The re-raiser HAS to have a substantial hand to make the push I feel. So this should be an EASY fold right?

I still had a tough time with it and probably took WAY too long to think about it, I know it most likely a minute or so. I announced hating to toss such a good hand away and threw it into the muck face up...and the table just gasped! I'd played with 2 others at the table before and they just went nuts!

Well...you all know, I'm assuming, what the result was right? It was the correct laydown and you can peg both hands, so I don't even need to list 'em, right /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Needless to say the table commended the laydown and it paid off later...for me, new as I am, that was damn hard even though I knew I had to toss it, right choice every time in that situation under those conditions I figure.

Laying down the big hand when you know you're beat is easy for the vast majority of y'all, I was just glad I'm finally learning how to do it, thanks for listening.

cracker69
02-14-2005, 12:42 AM
easy ass laydown that early in a tourney when two players already in. Anyone that gasped when seing the cards are weak players and you should take their money.

cracker69