02-13-2005, 11:56 PM
thank you for not including OOT

AngryCola
02-14-2005, 12:13 AM
This could get ugly.

I vote for that.

Danenania
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I voted heads-up & sh... besides posting there the most nowadays I think SH Hold 'em requires huge skill to succeed in compared to full ring and the overall quality level is very high. Also less noise than many other forums.

Danenania
02-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes I thought I'd instigate tonight.

Stork
02-14-2005, 12:47 AM
I voted for mid-high limit holdem, because thats where it seems the toughest choices and smartest/most thinking happens. Its fun trying to figure out how to outwit your opponents and metagame considerations, as opposed to the lower limits where most plays are pretty cut-n-dry.

That said, my favorite game right now is heads up limit holdem.

MarkL444
02-14-2005, 12:50 AM
SSNL is probably the worst

Emmitt2222
02-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Small stakes, some of the highest quality posters who have worked their way up from the micros. HUSH just sucked because there was so little about 1/2 6max and it was almost all 5/10 which I dont play so I felt like I was without a forum for a while. Good thing Im at 2/4 now.

MicroBob
02-14-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted heads-up & sh... besides posting there the most nowadays I think SH Hold 'em requires huge skill to succeed in compared to full ring and the overall quality level is very high. Also less noise than many other forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree...and voted for this one before I read your post. It was the one that immediately leapt first to my mind.
I don't think it takes 'huge' skill to learn to beat though. That seems like an exaggeration to me. I'm sitting at a table with a couple of V-70, R-40 players....they're pretty beatable.
Oh hell, maybe I've just been running well lately and I'm underestimating the skill involved.

I definitely agree about the 'less noise' part.
Every time I'm there I'm usually pretty impressed with most of the content as well as most of the posters' ability to stay on topic.

MTT forum might be the least relevant forum imo. There's less strategy discussion there...and more 'lets sweat each other in the official party guaranteed $500k' threads. I'm not opposed to the camraderie in the sweat-threads...just pointing out that there isn't nearly as much MTT strategy discussion as I think there should be.

M/H forum is great and disappointing at the same time.
There are an awful lot of silly and bad questions posted by mediocre to bad players there.
And even when there's a really interesting hand or topic from Tommy or Clark or anyone else it can easily get side-tracked to something stupid.

However, with all the Peter Rus and bike-kick and others out there posting mostly good stuff it is a terrific forum if you can weed out the noise.

The SS forum is kind of weird because there are so many good players there who can analyze at a pretty high level...combined with a lot of beginners who want to know why they lost with AA two times in a row and 'is 2BB/100 a good win-rate?' as well as 'what does VP mean? what's pokertracker?'
Not that there's anything wrong with being a beginner of course. But the SS forum is a bizarre combination of
1. really talented expert players
2. players who aren't quite expert who are discussing reasonable topics...and who look up to the experts for their thoughts
3. relative noob's who don't know what PT is. "What's HEFAP?", etc

nolanfan34
02-14-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also less noise than many other forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted for MTT, which also features this trait, at least most of the time.

sthief09
02-14-2005, 04:20 AM
all the OFFICIAL PP 250k GUARANTTED threads seem like noise to me.

Danenania
02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
"I don't think it takes 'huge' skill to learn to beat though."

Yeah I am actually using my own warped definition of "succeed", which to me means crushing a game, not just beating it.

sin808
02-14-2005, 07:06 AM
I've learned more from the HUSH and Mid/High limit forum than any others, if that makes them cool.

axioma
02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
i dont think any of these forums could be considered particularly 'cool'...

Cleveland Guy
02-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Isn't this highly biased towards what you play?

I am playing mostly PLO - but that's not a choice.

Lawrence Ng
02-14-2005, 10:17 AM
SS Limit forum WAS good, it hasn't been lately.

Lawrence

MicroBob
02-14-2005, 10:20 AM
thinking about it some more...
The HUSH forum should really just change it's name to the 'party 6-max' forum.

There really isn't that much heads-up strategy discussed from what I've seen.

it's still a good forum obviously....don't know whether that makes it cool or not.

edtost
02-14-2005, 11:14 AM
mid-high nl is low noise, and features a very high percentage of extremely good players compared to most other forums.

zephed56
02-14-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Small stakes, some of the highest quality posters who have worked their way up from the micros. HUSH just sucked because there was so little about 1/2 6max and it was almost all 5/10 which I dont play so I felt like I was without a forum for a while. Good thing Im at 2/4 now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I post there and I play 1/2 6-max. I don't find any problems getting responses from the sharp 5/10 players. As long as you include reads, such as "standard loose passive", they can figure out what the best play will be and give you proper advice.

Also, you should post there so that more 1/2 players will post. We can't take it over unless we post there...

So I expect a hand post from you sometime soon.